CHAPTER 47: ON MY OWN

The week after the second date was hectic.

We had our final exams for the semester, then focused on practicing for the stage play. It wasn't the normal stressful days like we had back in high school. In fact, being in College and in the drama department was more stressful since most seniors kept on making freshmen do things for them.

"Soo!" Jinyoung called me. He was running towards me with his phone in his grip.

Jinyoung was panting when he stopped in front of me - the guy ran across the other side of the auditorium to tell me something. "What is it? Is it an emergency?"

"Mark..." Jinyoung breathed, "He's here."

I dropped the props I was holding. "Right now?!"

Jinyoung nodded. "The boys and I already met him downstairs. He's waiting for you in the cafeteria."

"But can I take a break now?"

"I'll bring these backstage. I'll tell the seniors that you're heading to the bathroom if they noticed you're gone."

"Thank you, Jinyoung!" I bounced happily before running towards the auditorium door, hoping that no senior would catch me.

Once in the cafeteria, I searched for Mark Tuan. Thank goodness the room wasn't crowded so I instantly found him sitting alone near the second entrance of the room.

Mark waved at me when he saw me coming towards him. "How have you been?" he asked once I sat across him.

"You're not sending me messages anymore!" I said instead. "Are you that busy with school?"

The boy sitting in front of me laughed at my outburst. "Never thought you're the clingy one, Jisoo." I pouted. "But sorry, I thought you didn't want me messaging you."

"What? Why would you think that?"

"Well, I'm not really sure. Maybe because I thought Taehyung would be mad at me if I keep on talking to you every day?"

I snorted. "He's not my boyfriend. He has no right to forbid me to do that. Though even if he is, I'd never let him make me do that to a friend."

"You're still not together?" Mark leaned back in surprise and disbelief,

"He's with Kim So Hyun now."

Mark made a confused look. "Your understudy for Juliet?" I nodded. "But I saw Taehyung the day we ditched our last play. He went to that cafe."

"You did?" I asked him. "And he didn't even approach us?"

"We were hugging." Mark further explained. "That was when you're crying and I pulled you into a hug. I saw him looking at us. Jungkook even tried pulling him to go inside but he stood still and walked away when you pulled away. I was about to tell you but Jungkook signalled me not to."

"He didn't mention any of that."

"Remember when I told you I'll call the one I like on the phone?" I nodded. "I called your number."

"I- I didn't have my phone with me that time." I thought hard, trying to remember what exactly happened after I talked to Mark that day. "But I checked my phone right when I got inside the car. I didn't receive any notification about a call from you."

"Taehyung answered it." he said. "I messaged him to delete the call history. But before I hung up, he said I should tell you what I felt."

"He did?" I asked. "I'm sorry... you liked me?"

Mark nodded and chuckled. "He sounded concerned then. I thought he liked you a lot back in high school. I didn't know he'd ask So Hyun though."

"It was a misunderstanding." I said, "So Hyun got his letter because of a mix up. Now he couldn't get out of the relationship for some reason."