CHAPTER 2: FRIENDS

A/N: I hope you don't get confused with the narration. I had a hard time inserting their introductions so if you get confused with the way I narrated it, feel free to comment. I'll gladly change it. In the mean time, here's the messy update. 😅✌🏻

Once Ms. Im stepped foot out of our room, someone already bombarded me with questions.

"What happened?" Taehyung asked me for the nth time, sitting down on the arm of my chair casually.

Kim Taehyung has been my best friend since 5th grade and this is how we met:

2005

It all started during a classmate's boring birthday party.

"JB, someone's calling you on the phone." JB, the boring birthday boy, ran towards his mother to answer the phone, his friends following suit. Apparently, the phone was just a few feet away from me so I could hear them snickering while JB tried to keep his friends quiet.

"Sorry. I forgot that you're also my classmate, I'll just invite you next year. Bye." He ended the call before laughing out loud with his friends, casually going back to our other classmates to play a game.

It wasn't until the next day that I found out why JB and company were laughing.

A classmate of mine stood in front of him, a box wrapped in purple paper on his hand. "JB.." he said, "I wasn't at your party yesterday so I wasn't able to give this to you." The boy handed JB the box, his gift, and smiled.

JB took the boy's gift and smiled back at him, which I found obviously forced. "Thanks", he said. The boy who gifted him grinned, but his grin was wiped off his face just as instantly as the students left inside our room saw what the next thing JB did. He threw the gift right back at our other classmate. "But no thanks. I don't need your stupid gift."

I stood up, finally tired of JB's foul attitude - to which I've already noticed since day one. The only reason that I even went to his birthday party yesterday was because dad told me to as he believed I might find new friends there (but I really didn't).

"Didn't your mom teach you good manners?" I asked JB before he got out of our classroom.

He shot me a glare. "What's it to you, new girl?"

"That was really disrespectful and rude." I told him, gaining attention from our other classmates.

"Why? Are you going to tell mom about this?" he laughed, with his friend, Jackson, smirking. The only boys I could tolerate were Jinyoung and Mark but that's because they're just quiet at the back, not even sharing their opinions.

I raised an eyebrow. "I could do that. Have you forgotten that we go to the same church every Sunday?" It's true though. My family has been hearing mass in this not-so-small village's only church since we got here, and I'm pretty sure JB's family goes there too, seeing that his mom was a religious woman by making us pray first at the beginning of JB's party. "I could tell her on Sunday if you keep this kind of act to our classmate." I tilted my head to get a better view of the boy a while ago since JB's figure blocked him from my view.

JB couldn't speak after that, and instead, hurriedly stormed out of the room with his friends.

I took the chance to confront my other classmate, the shy boy, and befriend him because he's the only one who seems nice in our class. "You alright?" He nodded, staring at me with his big eyes. I tried smiling at him to lighten the mood around us, and held out my hand. "My name is Kim Jisoo."