CHAPTER 24: FIRST DANCE

On the day of the prom, mom took her day off to do my makeup and hair, with Soobin and Beomgyu cheering her after they came home from school. Soobin dismissed early because teachers will be attending the prom as well, Beomgyu usually comes home at 3 in the afternoon since he's still in middle school.

Mom just finished fixing my hair when Soobin said Taehyung sent him a text that he's already outside waiting for me. I quickly stood up and took my pouch on my bed. "Are my heels already downstairs?" I asked Soobin.

"Yes! Now don't keep hyung waiting!" Soobin immediately leaned down to pick up the end of my dress so I won't step on it as I walk downstairs. "Love the color of your dress, noona!"

"Thanks, mom chose it." I said, then looked over my shoulder to smile at mom.

The moment I saw Taehyung waiting for me in our living room, I knew my crush on him grew bigger. He looked so handsome with his wavy hair, his broad shoulders covered in his black suit, and the way he looked like he couldn't contain his big smile while looking at me made me a little conscious with my look.

Even so, Taehyung said, "You look beautiful, Soo."

I was wearing my heels when mom told Taehyung to stand in front of a vacant wall in our living room. "I'll take a picture of you two first before I let Mr. Ko drive you to the venue." Mom said, her camera already ready. Taehyung and I let her do what she wanted and then went to the Kims' car.

The lounge of the venue was already almost full of people in gowns and suits. Taehyung found Jennie and Chanyeol with Kai, who doesn't seem to have his date, much to our surprise. "Something's fishy." I said.

"Let them be." Taehyung sighed, "Kai talked to me last night. He just wanted to be friends with Jennie, no hidden agenda whatsoever. It's all on Jennie now if she wants him to be her boyfriend again."

"You won't meddle?"

"As long as she's happy being friends with him."

The prom night started at exactly 6 in the evening. We came inside the venue in pairs because the school provided us with a cute background for a quick photo op before we sat on our designated seats.

On the most awaited part of the night, the live band started singing Can't Help Falling In Love and the singer told the boys to ask their dates to dance in the middle of the room. Soon, the venue was filled with students slow dancing with their dates.

Taehyung stood up and stood in front of me. He bent a little and offered his hand with a "So, Mademoiselle Jisoo, would you like to dance with me?"

Grinning at how cute he looked, I said, "I'd like to." 

Wise men say, only fools rush in

In the middle of the room, Taehyung gently placed his hand on the small of my back while I placed mine on his shoulder. His left hand held my free hand in such a delicate manner and raised them at his shoulder's height.

But I can't help falling in love with you

Shall I stay?

Would it be a sin if I can't help falling in love with you?

He locked eyes with me, smiling as the song continued. I didn't know Taehyung knew how to slow dance; the way he was leading me was smooth and effortless, I learned the rhythm faster than I thought I could.

Take my hand

Take my whole life too

For I can't help falling in love with you