CHAPTER 32: ZERO O'CLOCK

I couldn't believe that the only college I applied for did not accept me but what's worse was that Mark also didn't get in, all because I was selfish. I didn't even think about his own future! I didn't consider what he's practiced and worked hard for.

Immediately after graduation practice, I pulled him aside to apologize. "Mark, I'm sorry."

Mark seemed a little confused with what I said, with the way his head tilted and his eyebrows furrowed. "Why are you apologizing??

"College." I said, "You didn't pass because I pulled you with me when I-"

"That's okay, Soo." Mark cut me off and smiled, "I didn't apply there."

I stared at him, now I'm confused. "But I thought- I thought you're going there with your friends."

He shook his head slowly. "I'm... I'm going back to China after grad." Taken aback, I momentarily forgot the right words to say.

"Jisoo?" Taehyung called from behind Mark. "I got your bag already. We'll wait for you in the car." He gave me a tight lipped smile before heading out of the auditorium.

"You shouldn't keep Romeo waiting again, Juliet." Mark teased, "I'll talk to you when you already know what to say to me." he chuckled.

I could do that, but still.. I hadn't actually thanked him yet for coming with me, I just realized how shitty I was for that. "Mark," I said and met his eyes. He raised his eyebrows questioningly. Then I did what I thought I should do. I hugged him. I felt him freeze and raise his hands up defensively.

"Jisoo," he said, not moving. "Why are you hugging me all of a sudden?"

"Thank you for coming with me to that coffee shop." I said while my cheek was still crushed against his chest, "I'm just glad it was you who hugged me that time and not some random stranger."

He chuckled. "You were ugly crying so I had to cover you from the people around the shop."

I let go and stepped back. "I was?!"

He nodded, grinning. "I don't want your crying face going around the internet as a meme."

I punched his arm. "But why go back to China? You've been here since middle school, right?"

"Yep but my parents said we should stay with my grandparents for at least a year or two.. My grandfather doesn't have that much time, you know.."

"I'm sorry.."

He waved it off. "I'd rather not talk about it though. But hey, I'll visit here from time to time. I know Jinyoung and the others will miss me."

I frowned. "You don't think I'll miss you?"

"Well, would you?"

"Yeah!" I replied with conviction, "You're one of the guys I never thought I'd be close with. You and your friends just barged in my life just to help Jackson have a lovelife with my brother. That part's really memorable."

"We couldn't say no to the guy." Mark said, "He's head over heels with your brother."

"How about you though?" I asked, "Don't you like someone from here?"

"Actually, I have."

"Really?" I exclaimed, "Who? I'll help you!"

"Nah, I got it already. We're following each other in our social media accounts too." He winked.

"Wow, so you have a chance then?"

He looked up with his lips puckered before shaking his head no. "Want to meet her though?"