CHAPTER 37: WHITE LOVE

Since high school, I always get the role that I want. My brothers always tell me that it's not because they're my siblings that I got that particular role, it's because of my skills - my acting skills. Seeing my name posted along with the others who passed made me thrilled, but not after I realized that I passed as Eponine - the role I didn't even audition for. I mean, I'm thankful I even passed but really? Eponine? The one who let herself be killed because of some guy?

"Jisoo-" Taehyung said; he knew that I was fuming mad. I wasn't even aware that my fists were clenched until Taehyung held one with his two hands.

"Krystal's really getting on my nerve now." I said as he pulled me away from the crowd. "Jennie didn't even get a role!"

"Calm down, Soo." He held my shoulders, and levelled his eyes to mine. "Just prove them wrong once we rehearse together. Eponine is still a big role."

"Mine's not even in bold!" I said, "You, Jinyoung, and So hyun need to go to the auditorium after this."

Taehyung pulled me to a hug despite the crowd. "Please calm down. I know you're mad at Krystal. You have every right to be. But staying mad wouldn't do you any good, that's probably what Krystal wants you to feel. Don't let her win. Act well as Eponine, make the crowd love you then Krystal would finally know she'll always lose against us, against you even." He caressed my hair slowly, "You got this."

I exhaled, closing my eyes shut. "I got this."  When I opened my eyes, Taehyung was still levelling his height to mine, a small smile on his face.

"Okay, I just need to go to the auditorium." He  said, "Where would you go?"

"Library." I mumbled. "I'll sleep there." 

He stood straighter, placing a hand in his pocket. "Is that allowed?"

"Yes," I confidently said, "If the librarian doesn't catch you."

Taehyung smirked at the realization. "I'll go there immediately after what business we have to do in the auditorium." I nodded. "See you later."

I lied.

I didn't plan to sleep in the library, I'm going to the garden to get some peace. Libraries are suspicious. Some students were caught there kissing behind shelves. I don't want to hear unnecessary sounds when I'm sulking.

The garden was a quiet place to spend some time at. No one was there when I arrived so I have all the places to myself for the day.

For a while, I stared into space. I wandered...

What if I was really Eponine? What if I'm the Eponine of this story all while I thought I was Cosette?

Eponine was Marius' best friend, after all, just like my relationship with Taehyung. So Hyun was the newcomer, Cosette was, too.

Cosette and Marius lived happily ever after. Eponine died.

Now I'm scared of my future. 

"Jisoo?" I whipped my head to my right, only to see Minhyuk approaching me. He brought his guitar with him again so I guess it's his vacant time. Why do I always end up here during his vacant time? "How's the audition?" he asked, sitting beside me but still making sure that there's a huge space between us.

It's nice of him to respect my space but sometimes, I feel like he's doing that because he thinks I have a disease or something. Do I smell bad or...? Nevermind. I smiled at him bitterly and looked down on my shoes. "I didn't pass."

"Oh." Minhyuk said, sounding disappointed, "What's the role, anyway?"

"Cosette. Our stage play's Les Misérables."