CHAPTER 20: KEEPING A SECRET

The numerous stares from people I don't even know were making me feel nervous. After this confrontation, the whole school will probably hear about it. Jennie, Kai, and Krystal are three of the most popular students here after all.

"What the hell is happening here?" Taehyung asked.

"Just your ignorant friend trying to defend your shameless cousin." Krystal unnie said, "If I were you, Taehyung, I'd give my cousin and best friend a piece of my mind about cheating in a relationship."

Taehyung creased his forehead, before his eyes met mine. It was always like that - him catching my gaze in an attempt to understand the situation in my point of view. It feels like when we lock eyes, we'd understand what the other is trying to imply.

Turning to Krystal, Taehyung gave her a blank stare before speaking. "I didn't expect you'd actually use your popularity to drag someone down, noona." His unexpected reply made the seniors gasp. "Seeing this crowd and my cousin cry, I'd assume you're a bully. And since I don't know the story behind this drama yet, please understand that I'd automatically side with my best friend and cousin. If Jennie's in the wrong, we'll apologize to you in public."

Since Jimin and Jennie already left the scene, I did my job as Tae's best friend to pull him away as well, just so we could talk about the situation and the risk he just did when we're literally unaware of how Kai and Jennie ended up together.

The two of us found Jimin and Jennie just outside the auditorium. Jennie started crying so Jimin pulled her to him and hugged her.

"You think we should leave them for awhile?" asked Taehyung, looking ahead.

"Yeah," I said, "Help me find my brothers? I'm sure they're just outside the building somewhere."

"No. We'll talk about this somewhere. I can ask Mr. Ko to take Jennie home first."

I sighed. "Alright. To the gym then?" He nodded.

Taehyung did call Mr. Ko, telling him to take Jennie home and that he'll just take a cab home after he takes me home with my brothers. Surprisingly, Mr. Ko agreed.

We silently went to the gym. It was already half an hour past 4 in the afternoon and the awarding ceremony was the last thing in our schedule this intramurals so students have already gone home after that.

I sent a message to our group chat, informing them that I'll be with Taehyung first before going home.