CHAPTER 16: PRETTY PLEASE

Jackson Wang was the last person I thought would ask me about Namjoon. Besides the fact that they're not in the same year, I've never seen Jackson talk to my brother when we're in school.

Trying to hide the surprise in my face, I asked him calmly, "What do you mean?"

"Well," he said, looking down like he's avoiding to meet my eyes, "I kinda like your brother." Then he looked up, and gave me a shy smile.

"Jackson!" Jinyoung called from afar, "C'mon! JB texted that they're done with practice already."

I saw Mark nudge Jinyoung lightly, making the latter look at him in confusion. Mark shook his head like he didn't mean to do that.

"Miss, here's your order." The vendor gave me the food I ordered. I took it and thanked the vendor before looking at Jackson. "I think you should ask my brother about your question."

Jackson sighed heavily. "Of course... He's not like me, is he?"

I smiled at him as my answer. "You haven't talked to my brother before, have you?"

"Jisoo, how is that an answer?" Jackson pouted. "It took me months before I gathered my courage asking you this. Help me, pretty please."

"You better gather your courage again. You're not getting answers from me, Jackson Wang." I chuckled. "Your friends are waiting, let's go."

"Jisoo!" Jackson called me when I started walking away from the stall. "Aish!"

When I finally reached Mark and Jinyoung, the latter asked me, "What took you two so long?"

"Sorry." I gave him an apologetic smile. "Let's just get back inside now. My brothers must be looking for me already."

"Yeah, no shit. That's what I've been telling Mark before you got here." Jinyoung said, jabbing his thumb at his friend. "But this guy said we should just let you talk to Jackson. Let you get close to him."

My eyes shifted to Mark, who flinched when our eyes met. "Jackson seems like a good guy. Thanks for introducing him to me."

Mark slowly grinned, scratching the back of his neck. "I was afraid to introduce him to you at first but he insisted. I know you're not that fond of making friends with boys since we were in middle school."

"I noticed that too," Jinyoung added, "But I assure you, our friends are harmless now. Unlike before."

"Are you talking about me behind my back again?" Jackson finally caught up to us with his own order. "I'm a changed person already, Jisoo. I'm really sorry if I laughed at Taehyung or Jimin before."

"That's alright. It's been years already, they already got over it." I said, even though Taehyung still hasn't gotten over it.

"So you'd hang out with us sometimes too?" Jackson asked excitedly.

I pursed my lips. "If Jackson does something I want him to do, maybe I'll hang out with you guys. But.. just with you three, okay? I'm not comfortable with JB. I don't think he wants to be my friend either."

"Give him time." Mark said, "And what do you want Jackson to do, anyway?"

"Jackson already knows about it." I turned to Jackson and raised my eyebrows suggestively, "Right, Wang?"

Jackson nodded with a pout. "If this is your attempt of getting back on me for bullying your friends back then... then you're already winning."

"Well, I hope you do what Jisoo wants you to do, Wang." Jinyoung pat Jackson's shoulder. "Do it for our friend." The two looked at Mark at the same time and nodded.