21

Chapter 21

HERA'S POV

"If she passed away don't ever show up at her funeral because your tears won't bring her life back." I said and I saw his tears falling. "She took care of you since the day you were born... When you need her, she's always there but when she needs you where are you?" I sniffed. "Tell me, why did you choose your Aunt instead of your Mother?"

"I didn't w-want to leave her..." He said and wiped his own tears.

"I know," I laughed. "Did your Aunt tell that I'm an illegitimate daughter?"

He froze.

"I guess she did," I smiled. "Did you ever curse me?" I asked and he shook his head. "Remember the chicken's wishbone you gave me before?" I asked again.

"Yes, when you were seven years old," he answered. "Malaki 'yong nakuha mo,"

"Do you know what I've wished for?" He shook his head. "In another life, of our Mother and my Father met again I hope they won't fall in love with each other. I wish that your Father and our Mother will love 'til death and never broke their vows, I'd wished you'll have a siblings---a real siblings and not an illegitimate like me. That's what I've wished for, I wished that you'll have an complete and happy family." I cried and I didn't bother to wipe them. "I... Never wanted to be a illegitimate daughter, no one wished for that. I'm so ashamed of myself because of me you lived in a broken family-"

"You're part of my family, Marga. I don't care if you're an illegitimate or what, as long as we shared a blood, we have the same Mother but different Father. You are still my sister," lumapit ito sa akin at pinunasan ang luha ko.

"Do you k-know what is my w-weakness when I was studying?" I asked and he shook his head. "Family picture."

"M-Marga..."

"I don't have one, because our last picture... I lost it. Our relatives in paper kicked me out of the house, I lived in my Aunt's house but they treat me like a slave, they always tell me that our Mother shouldn't met my Father---that's why I hate myself!" I yelled and he hugged me.

"I'm sorry," he whispered and I cried. "Babawi si Kuya."

I hugged him and he hugged me back. "Even I wasn't by your side before, I've been helping you," he said while combing my hair using his fingers. "I'm always right there, I've been watching you winning and achieving your dreams and goals." He face me and gave me a sweet smile. "I told you, I left you yet I still care for you. You can asked Terrence, I've been looking for you," he added.

"He is," sabat ni Terrence.

"Nahanap kita no'ng nalaman kong nag-enrolled ka sa Harvard University, no'ng panahon na 'yon sa nasa America rin ako; bumibisita lang ako rito sa Pilipinas dahil akala ko mahahanap at makikita kita." He gulped. "Tinulungan kita no'n na mapabilis ang proseso ng enrollment at acceleration mo, dahil gustong-gusto na kita makita. No'ng nakita kong nakuha mo na ang uniform at schedule mo, gusto kitang lapitan pero hindi ko magawa... Dahil hindi ko alam ang sasabihin ko, hindi ko alam kung paano ko uumpisahan kaya pinagmasdan na lang kita... Hanggang sa maging Doctor ka." Mahabang sabi niya at ngumiti ito. "I'm proud of you, Marga."

"K-Kuya..." I called him and he gave me a sweet smile. "Thank you,"

"I never treated you as a half sister, I treat you as my real sister. Always remember that." He said and I hugged him.

"Pasok na po ako," paalam ko at tumango naman ito.

"Hatid na kita," tinig ni Zylu at ngumiti naman ako.

"Kayo na ba?" Tanong ni Kuya at ngumisi ako.

"Kung palagi mo akong pinagmamasdan noon, alam mo kung kami na ba." Pang-aasar ko at napakamot ito sa ulo. "Also, why don't you investigate and find the answer all by yourself, Attorney." I added and his mouth twisted.