27

Chapter 27

HERA'S POV

"MOVE HIM TO THE HYBRID ROOM AND PUT A SALINE DRIP AND A FOLEY IN HIM!" The Doctor said once Nathan and I entered the Emergency Room. "PREPARE THE FOLEYS AND THE TUBES."

"Yes Doc!"

"We have 30 more patients that on their way and there are 40 patients injured," Dr. David said. "Three of the forty patients was dead on arrival and the seven of them have minor injuries."

"How about the other thirty?" I asks.

"They have major injuries, Doc." He answered.

"WHERE ARE ALL THE INTERNS?!"

"DOC!" The Interns answered.

"She has a spleen injury, a left hemopneumothorax as well as a hemoperitonuem," Dr. Eugene said when we stopped in front of him. He took of his stethoscope. "The sound of the lung is weak."

"Which one?" I asked.

"The right one, Doc."

"We'll stabilize and put some tubes in her before taking her to the Operating Room," he said.

"Okay, start operating her now." Nathan said.

Akmang paalis na kami pero may biglang humawak sa kamay ko, napatingin ako at ang pasyente 'yon.

"Save me, Doc." She said. "I have a lot of things to say to you, I just... Can't die without telling y-you this," she whispered.

"Who are you?" I confusedly asked and he painfully smile.

"You don't recognize m-me?" She asked and I nodded. "I'm Cathleen, your cousin."

I froze.

Is she-

"Yes, I'm Terrence's ex-girlfriend."

"Why are you telling this to me?"

"I want you to be happy..." She smiled. "I want you to forgive him for what I did, you love him and I c-can s-see that... Hareth."

She is my cousin.

There are only three people who knows I'm Hareth. Kuya Adrian, Nathan and her.

"I h-have a lot of thing to say-"

"Cale," I called her nickname.

"You remember..."

"We'll start operating on her, Doc," Dr. Eugene said and I nodded. "I'll save her, leave it to me." He said and Cathleen smiled at me.

"I'll tell you everything, wait for me."

Umalis na sila Dr. Eugene at ang ilang Nurses, habang kaming dalawa ni Nathan inaasikaso ang ibang pasyenteng sugatan. Maya-maya may dumating pang pasyente kaya sinalubong namin ito para matignan agad. Karamihan sa kanila ay major cases. Tinignan namin ang mga pasyente at ipinasok sa loob ng Emergency Room, habang ang ilan naman dinala sa Operating Room.

"Have the team ready." Tinig ni Nathan at agad kaming kumilos.

Lumipas ang ilang oras at tapos na ang surgery, lumabas na kami ni Nathan ng Operating Room.

"The surgery was successful," balita ni Nathan sa guardian ng inoperahan namin.

"Thank you, Doc," tugon ng guardian at inilabas na ng team namin ang pasyente.

Huminto ito sa tapat namin at sinenyasan ko naman sila na dahil na ito sa room niya't agad naman nila itong sinunod.

"I'll monitor the patient first," bumalin ng tingin sa akin si Nathan. "You should go to her, twin."