30

The provisional licence exams.

Probably the most important part of one's hero career. You can't do your job without a licence. It is extremely difficult and only has a 50% passing rate. Its level is pretty reasonable, though. Being a hero is not something to be taken lightly. We're talking about saving human lives here.

"...That is why, starting from today, you will develop at least two ultimate moves. Get into you costumes and head to Gym Gamma!"

Hold up, ultimate what now?

~~~~~

"Gym Gamma, also known as 'Training Dining Land', or TDL."

"I cam up with the layout of these facilites. It allows me to be able to create a terrain capable of accommodating every student's needs. That's what the 'dining' part refers to." explains Cementoss.

"I see..."

"Please, I can ask a question! Why must we create ultimate moves for our provisional licensing exam? Please tell me your reasoning!"

"We'll get to that, Iida, calm down. The job of a hero is to save people from danger, like crimes and accidents. The exam to become one naturally looks at how well you are able to do that. Your ability to gather information, make decisions and fight, as well as communication. Every year, the exams changes to test those abilities."

"Of those, your ability to fight is one of the most important. If you are prepared, you don't have to worry. Wether or not you have an ultimate move will greatly affect if you pass."

"Being able to act consistently while also not being influenced by circumstances will make you a great asset on the front lines."

"Your ultimate moves may not necessarily have to be the attack type, but must simply give you an advantage." Echtoplasm gave Iida's Respiro Burst as an example, which he was delighted to hear.

Satou understands the concept "I see..so we just need to find moves that define 'As long as I have the advantage, I can win'."

"Exactly! Just like Kamui Woods, who played a big part in the rescue the other day, with his Laquered Chain Prison."

"The training camp was canceled, but the training you did to develop your quirks was part of the process of creating your ultimate moves. In other words..."

Cementoss made various sized platforms rise from the ground to be used for training each student.

"...until the beginning of next semester, for the ten days or so before summer vacation, you'll be working out your ultimate moves as you develop your quirks. You'll be doing intensive training!"

A copy of Echtoplasm was on each platform, waiting for Class 1-A.

"In addition, you should be thinking about how you can improve your costumes to work better with your quirks. Go 'Plus Ultra' with this mentality. Are you ready?" asked Aizawa.

"Yes, sir!"

Oh god, this is definitely going to be a problem.

Everyone rushed to pick a spot, while Iris was just having trouble picking a terrain. She looked up, and there was one right in the middle, but it was higher up than the rest. Mr Aizawa saw her hesitation.

"Morningstar, what are you waiting for? Hurry up and go up there."

"Oh, yes, sir!"

She ran right up to the cylinder, giving her momentum. A simple boosted jump would do the trick, she just needed to add a bit more energy down at her legs, and that's exactly what she did.