Chapter Thirty

"I'd be cold as a stone and rich as a fool."

-------

The wedding plans were in full swing. We had all of the details down besides a dress and all of the reception details done. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't completely terrified. I was beyond terrified. Zayn still hadn't come around.

I was still questioning his love for me. I didn't know how much longer I could go own with stalling the wedding. I've already made Harry push back the date three times. Claiming I didn't want that venue anymore, or the weather wasn't good around that time.

I wasn't ready to get married. Well, at least not to Harry. When this wedding was finalized I couldn't leave. There'd be no chance for Zayn and I after "I do." is said. I don't know if getting rid of divorces was the best thing or the worst thing to happen to the world.

"You have a cake tasting today at two,Lord Harry will be there." Anette informed me as I got out of bed. "It's only eleven, Anette. I have time." I said through a yawn. "I was just letting you know." She said defensively. 

I think Anette has learned these past few months when to bother me about the wedding and when to leave it alone. Today was a leave it alone kind of day. I didn't want to think about the wedding. It was just around the corner and I never failed to realize it.

Twenty days. Twenty days and I still didn't have my dress picked out. "You also have an appointment with the bridal shop at four." Anette said quickly then exited the room. I sighed heavily. I didn't want to look at dresses.

I wanted to get my boots on and go riding. I've barely had enough time to ride or take care of the horses. Harry now made a different slave do that. Can humans hibernate? It's nearing Winter. I think it's time for me to hibernate until Spring.

I wish. I got ready for the day quickly. I pulled on a more casual dress and fixed my hair and makeup. That's another thing that has changed. Harry is making me dress like the royal. He had no better way of putting it.

He was as close to royalty as he could get. Harry and I have had no time to actually spend together. Sure, we sleep in the same bed. We live in the same place, but we've both been so busy it's just seeing each other twice a day then going to sleep.

After I had finished getting ready and did my errands for the day, I made my way down the corridor to the main ballroom where all the cake tastings were. I put on a smile as I greeted everyone in the room. I walked up to Harry and he leaned down and kissed me on the forehead.

"How are you?" He asked me as he rubbed his thumb over my knuckles. "Exhausted, but what else is new?" I asked sarcastically. "Twenty days." He reminded me with a smile and I forced one back at him and nodded.

"Twenty days." I repeated softly with a sigh. I take it he didn't hear me as he greeted the rest of the people in the room. He signalled for me to come over to him with a wave of a hand. I stood next to him as he was given a piece of cake.

"This is a banana cake." The woman explained as she watched us expectantly. Harry held out a fork to me and I grabbed it and tried the cake. He took the fork from me and tried it himself. I swallowed it slowly. 

"That's really strong." I commented and Harry agreed. "What else?" He questioned the woman. "This is our chocolate cake with chocolate icing." She explained and gave us another piece of cake. We both tried it.

Harry looked satisfied, but I didn't like it. "What do you think?" He asked me and I wrinkled my nose up. "Too much chocolate." I said while biting my lip. This continued for about an hour. I was absolutely stuffed and I could tell Harry was too.

"How am I supposed to go try on dresses after this?" I commented as I ate more cake. "You'll survive." He said pecking my lips softly. "I think I liked the angel food cake the best." I commented as I tried another bite of it.

"Yeah, it's good." He said as he tried some also. "You choose between the angel food, red velvet, and the almond. I have to go find a dress." I said and leaned up to kiss him. "Will do. Have fun." He smiled adoringly as he watched me leave the room.

We got to the bridal shop just in time for my fitting. I had already reserved a few dresses. Dreading the wedding or not. I loved wedding dresses. I wasn't really wanting anything extreme. I hated strapless dresses, but usually the prettiest ones were strapless.

It was weird doing this. I always imagined my mom would be with me for this. I had Anette and that was it. I mean, I love Anette, but I thought this would be more special. I tryed on dozens of dresses, but I didn't love any of them.

They were gorgeous, but none of them felt right. I sighed as I sat down in one of the dresses. I was so tired and I just wanted to find a dress. "The third one you put on looked the best." Anette said as she drank champagne. 

"Can you go get it?" I asked and she nodded and got up off of the chair. I looked around the area and sighed. I jumped when hands covered my eyes. "Guess who?" A familiar voice said. "Zayn." I breathed happily.

He pulled his hands away and I faced him. I locked our lips together. "I missed you so much." I said quietly as I pulled away. "I missed you too." He said. "What are you doing here?" I asked quickly. "I can't stay away. I've been trying to see you as much as I can, but everything's crazy right now." He sighed.

"You look gorgeous." He said and I remembered I was in a wedding dress. "I don't feel right in any of them." I sighed. "I don't want to go through with this." I said quietly. "I know you don't." He said as he examined the dress. 

"I wish you were wearing this for me." He said with his lips pursed. "I wish I was too." I admitted. "Here's the dress-" Anette stopped quickly when she saw Zayn. "What are you doing here?" She asked sharply. "You shouldn't be here." She said as she reached to call Harry.

"Anette, stop." I said and stopped her. "I need to go, Crys." Zayn said as he brushed the hair out of my face. "I love you." He said and I bit my lip. "I love you too." I said and I paused. "Zayn?" I questioned. "What?" He asked. 

"You're running out of time." I said quietly and he nodded. "I know." He said. "I promise, I'll make it in time." He said and touched his lips with mine. Then I watched him leave. I turned to face a furious Anette. 

"Explain. Now."

-------

[A/N: Uh-oh. Anette knows. Zayn made an appearance! Comment what you thought of this chapter! The end is near my friends(:]