Chapter Eight

"I remember tears streaming down your face when I said I'll never let you go."

-------

I woke up the next day and slowly opened my eyes, blinking to adjust my eyes to the light. I laid my head back and I felt a vibration under me. I turned my head and saw Harry staring at me with an amused smile. 

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" I rushed and sat up quickly. "It's okay." He chuckled and sat up beside me. "What time is it?" I asked in panic. "About one." He said furrowing his eyebrows and running his hand through his hair. 

"Have you been here all day?" I asked, feeling guilty. "Yes, but by choice. If I really had to leave or wanted to leave in this case, I would've. Trust me." He said and I nodded, but I still felt guilty. "Plus, I know you haven't been sleeping well here, and you looked sound asleep." He said.

It's true. I haven't been sleeping well here. Between the constant worry about my mother and brother and  the stress of working, sleep didn't seem like an option to my body. "Thank you." I smiled at him and he nodded. 

"Anytime." He said then stood up, brushing himself off. Reality hit me and I realized why we were in here in the first place. I looked over to Harry with widened eyes. "The foal." I said and he nodded. "She's okay." He said and a wave of relief hit me. 

"Oh, thank God." I said and he smiled at me. "Why don't you call her by her name?" He asked with an amused smile. "I'm sorry, but Ruth is a terrible name." I said and he laughed. "What should we call her then?" He asked and I shrugged.

"Sapphire." I said with a smile. "You've been thinking about this, haven't you?" He said with an amused smile and I shrugged with a blush on my cheeks. "Maybe." I said while biting my lip. "I'll tell you what, if these next few days go well, you can rename her." He said with a smirk.

"Okay." I smiled and walked out of the stable. "So, where is she?" I asked looking around everywhere. "The vet came this morning and admitted her for further watch." He said and I noddded feeling disappointment sweep over me.

"She'll be fine." He assured me. "Let's go inside. We both need to get ready for the night." He said and started to lead me outside. "Tonight?" I questioned, furrowing my eyebrows. "Yes, didn't Niall tell you when you arrived?" He asked, equally confused as I was.

I shook my head slowly. "We have an annual Christmas slash New Years party. Saves having to have two parties. It starts at seven." He said and I pursed my lips and nodded. "Who's all going to be there?" I asked as we walked down the path to the palace.

"Just the leaders of the regions." He said and I nodded, once again. "I'll have Niall deliver your dress while you shower." He said once we entered the palace. "Goodbye, Crystal." He said with a smile. "Goodbye, Harry." I smiled back at him then he turned and walked towards the elevator.

I began my journey up the stairs, almost tripping on the last step. I sighed in relief and exhaustion when I finally got to our floor. That was outlived when I realized I still had to walk down the hallways, which seemed like they were miles long.

When I arrived to my room, my legs felt like jello. My body was thankful when I sat down on the edge of the bed and pulled my shoes off. I sat there for a few moments, relaxing then I looked at the clock and saw it was nearly three.

I quickly got up and walked into the bathroom. I winced when the cold tiles touched the bottoms of my feet. I tiptoed across the floor and to the shower then turned the water up high. I stripped out of my clothes then stepped into the hot shower.

Once I was finished with my shower I got out and wrapped one of the fluffy towels around my body. I combed through my hair quickly then rustled my fingers through the roots. I used a separate towel to dry my hair a little bit as I walked into the bedroom.