Chapter Fourteen

"Tell me what to do, about you. "  

-------

*Zayn's Point of View*

-------

"This all looks lovely." I smiled at Crystal's mum. "Thank you, dear." She smiled as she placed silverware on the table. "Where is Greg?" She asked then went into the living room. "Greg!" She called loudly. He might've responded, but I didn't pay attention.

"He's coming." She said once she re-entered the room. "We can just start without him." Crystal said and her mum nodded. "Yes, we can." She said and began passing a bowl of potatoes around the table. I filled my plate up then began eating.

I heard footsteps echoing around the house. Crystal's head turned towards the doorway behind me. She was about to say something until she was beat to it. "Can I speak to Zayn for a moment?" Greg's voice said. 

"Can't you wait until after we eat?" Crystal asked and I heard Greg sigh. "I guess." He said then sat down in the seat next to his mum. The dinner was awkward, considering he kept shooting me glares, and everyone failed to make conversation.

"We can clean up. You two can go talk." Crystal said, giving Greg a strange look. "Right." I said then wiped my mouth then stood up from the table. I really didn't want to talk to Greg, but I knew I had to. I let him lead us out of the room, then outside.

When we got outside I was roughly shoved against the wall. "Why the hell do you have this?" He said pulling something out of his pocket. "Get the hell off of me." I said and shoved him off of me. "What is that?" I asked looking at his hand.

 "It's my sisters necklace! That I found in your clothes!" He exclaimed. Now that I looked closer, I could obviously see it was my necklace. "You're absolutely crazy!" I yelled back at him. "So, what you're telling me is that, this isn't hers?" He asked giving me a disbelieving look.

"That's exactly what I'm saying." I told him while crossing my arms over my chest. "It can't be yours!" He shouted and I didn't say anything. "It's not yours, right?" He asked, quieting his voice. I didn't say anything once again, I just looked away from him.

"Oh my god!" He exclaimed. "It's yours!" He shouted. "Just, shut up for a second!" I yelled back at him. "Yes, it's mine. I don't want Crystal to know." I said through gritted teeth. "I'm happy you don't want to tell her. She doesn't need a scum bag like you." He scoffed.

"If you tell her, I will personally go to your palace just to beat you up. Stay away from her." He warned as he went back into the house. I shook my head as I walked around the house, just looking at everything. "Hey, you okay?" 

My head snapped to look over my shoulder to see Crystal. "Just fine." I breathed out. "Well, that didn't sound very convincing." She huffed as she came over by me. "I'm just thinking about stuff." I told her and she nodded.

"Come on." She said as she grabbed my forearm. "Where are we going?" I asked as she led us towards the forest. "Just shut up for once in your life." She said with a smirk on her face as she took us through the many trees.

"Close your eyes." She said, breathing out hard from her losing her breath. "This is some cliché shit, Crystal." I chuckled. "Just do it." She said while rolling her eyes. "Fine." I said then closed my eyes. "Don't open them till I say so." She said as she gripped my arm.

"I won't. Just hurry." I said impatiently. A few twigs scratched my arms as she pulled us to God knows where. "Open your eyes." She said when we came to a stop. I opened my eyes and immediately squinted my eyes from the brightness of the sun.

Once my eyes adjusted, I took in the sight in front of me. There was about six feet of grass in front of us before there was a drop down. Kind of like a cliff. I could see the sun setting quickly over the cliff. It was a crimson red with orangish clouds surrounding it.

"Wow." I said, after I took in everything. "I found this place when I was about ten." Crystal said softly as she went over to the edge. "Be careful!" I exclaimed when I saw her slightly trip over a rock on the ground. 

"I'm fine." She said, but I could tell she freaked herself out from her flushed cheeks. She sat down and let her legs dangle off of the side. I went to join her, as I cautiously stepped towards the end before sitting down beside her.

"Not even Greg knows I come here." She told me while looking out at the sky. "And he knows like everywhere I like to go." She laughed lightly. "Why'd you take me here?" I asked after a little bit of silence. 

"You said you were thinking. I thought I'd make it easier for you to think by taking you here." She told me. "But, if you want to go back that's fine too." She added quickly. "Nah. I like it here." I said as I smiled thoughtfully.

"We'll need to go back before the sun sets completely." She informed me and I nodded. "'Course." I said. I tried to let my mind wander back to what I had been thinking about earlier, but my brain could only think of one thing.

What if I told her that we had the same necklace? Would it change anything? Would she stop liking Harry and magically start liking me? "Penny for your thoughts." She said, looking at me thoughtfully. "You don't even have a penny." I laughed.

"Okay, then, uhm." She said looking around her. "A rock for your thoughts." She said picking up a pebble. "That's a pebble." I told her with an amused smile. "Fine, then! A pebble for your thoughts." She said as she tried not to laugh.

"It's nothing really." I said chuckling slightly. "It's obviously something." She said as she leaned back. "I would tell you..." I trailed off. "Then tell me." She said anxiously. "But, it looks like it's time to go." I said as I got up and saw the sun disappear. 

"Fine." She huffed as I helped her up off the ground. "Why won't you tell me?" She whined as we were almost back to her house. "It's none of your business." I said rather harshly. "Oh, okay." She visibly winced at my tone.

"I'm sorry." I said once we got back to her house. We hadn't spoken a word to each other since I messed up our, for once, civil conversation. "It's fine." She said shortly. "I really am." I told her and she nodded.

"I know." And with that, she was gone, and I was left standing outside alone. Leave it to me to screw everything up. I only had until tomorrow to get her to not be mad at me anymore. This is like rocket science.

-------