Chapter Twenty Four

"How soon do we forget how we felt?"

-------

I stood in front of the huge mirror in the bathroom as Sasha did the finishing touches to my hair. "You look perfect, Crystal." Anette smiled as she stood next to me. "Thank you." I said softly. "Lord Harry will love it." She added and I saw Sasha tense.

"I'm done." She said and stepped back. "You look great." She gave me a small smile. "Thank you and thank you both, for everything." I said genuinely. "Anytime." Anette smiled and gave me a small hug. "You have to tell us how it goes." Sasha said and I nodded.

"I will, I promise." I told them both. "Good luck." Anette sing-songed as her and Sasha left the room. " I sighed and went out onto the balcony. My stomach was filled with guilt. How could something so wrong, feel right? It doesn't make sense.

My necklace hung from my neck and I debated whether or not to take it off for the night. I sighed and leaned against the handrail. What I'd give to see my family right now. I needed to talk to Greg and get advice, but I couldn't.

I jumped when I felt someones arms wrap around my waist. "Harry." I breathed as I felt my heart race. "Who else?" He said and I could practically hear the smirk in his voice. "I don't know. Me and Niall have this thing going on." I said with a smirk.

"You know, I'd be a lot more worried if you two didn't hate each other." He chuckled. "Touché." I laughed. "Are you ready to go down?" He asked as his hand spun me around to face him. "As ready as I'll ever be." I told him shakily.

"How many people exactly?" I questioned. "Maybe fifty?" He said and my eyes widened. "That's a lot of people." I said. "That's not near as many that will be at the wedding." He said with a soft laugh. "Really?" I asked, feeling my stomach flip.

"Really." He said and tipped up my chin with his finger for me to look him in the eyes. "Don't worry. You'll be okay." He said with a soft smile. "Don't let me embarrass myself, please." I begged and he laughed. "I won't. I promise." He said and grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him.

I wrapped my arms around his waist and he leaned down and connected our lips, but now it didn't feel like it was enough. "What's wrong?" He pulled back when he realized I wasn't giving as much into the kiss.

"Just nervous." I said with a tight smile. "I'm fine." I assured him. "Let's go then." He smiled and we exited the room. I could hear the busy chatter of people waiting for our arrival. "Listen, if it gets to be too much, just come and find me, alright?" He asked me before we went inside.

"I love you." He said and I frowned slightly, but smiled before he could notice. "I love you too." I told him and he pecked my lips softly before opening the doors to the dining hall. Harry was immediately greeted by many people, occasionally looking over at me for a moment.

I stood next to him and answered any question anyone asked me. "I'm going to get a drink." I whispered to Harry. He nodded and let go of my hand so I could go get something. I walked to the back of the room and got a glass of water from the back table.

"Any thing else?" The man asked me and I shook my head no and walked away from there. I stood by the glass doors and looked outside. I got lost in thought as I tried to block out the loud chattering from the party.

"I've been watching you since you walked in here, and I was going to come up and talk to you, but I didn't know if I should or what I would say." I snapped my head up and noticed Zayn standing a foot away from me.

"I don't know what to say to you either." I told him honestly. "I don't know what I want you to say." He sighed. "I'm not sorry." He said and I furrowed my eyebrows. "Not sorry for what?" I asked him. He stepped closer to me.

"For kissing you." He whispered, even though there was no one around us. "It felt right and you can't deny it." He said and I sighed. "You're right. I can't." I said and he looked surprised at my words. "But...?" He trailed off.

"But... We can't do this. It's not right. I can't do this to Harry." I said guiltily. "Don't do this, Crys." He said and reached out to grab my hand, but I pushed him away. "Not here." I said softly and he nodded. "Let's go outside." He said and I paused.

"I need to tell Harry." I told him and he rolled his eyes. "Zayn." I said warningly. "I get it. I know. I'll be waiting for you outside." He said and I nodded. "I'll only be a second." I said quickly and we both walked away.

I scanned the room for Harry and spotted him in the middle of everyone. I shoved my way through people and they all glared at me. "There you are." Harry smiled and pulled me closer to him. "This is my fianceé." He smiled and the people who glared at me looked guilty.

"I'm going outside for a bit, okay?" I asked him and he nodded. "Be careful." He said and kissed my cheek making the people around us smile fondly at us. "I will be." I said with a slight blush on my cheeks. I walked down the corridors until I got outside.

I looked around and I didn't see Zayn anywhere. I turned the corner so I was on the side of the palace. I saw Zayn standing with a cigarette in his mouth. "Put it out." I said and took the cigarette from his mouth and threw it on the ground.

He sighed annoyingly and pushed himself off of the the wall. "I don't know what to say, Zayn." I sighed. "Then let me talk." He said and I bit my lip. "I've liked you since we met, Crystal. Harry doesn't deserve you at all." I cut him off before he could continue.

"And you do?" I scoffed and he gripped both of my hands. "I could treat you so much better than him. I'd treat you like royalty and not like some puppet. You'd call the shots, not me. Give me a chance, Crystal. I could be everything you need." He begged.

"I can't do that to him. I can't hurt him." I said quickly. "I can't be without you now, Crystal. I can't do it." He said and I sighed. "Zayn, I wish I could, I really do." I said and he sighed. "Just forget about him for right now, okay?" He breathed as he leaned in closer to me.

"I can't-" He cut me off. "Please." He whispered with his lips less than a centimeter away from mine. I froze and before I knew it his lips were on mine. "What the fuck?" I jumped back quickly and turned my head to see Harry standing there fuming.

"Harry, I can explain." I said quickly and he shook his head. "I saw it all. Just shut up." He snapped. I gasped as tears pricked my eyes. "H-Harry." I stuttered as I stepped closer to him. "Shut up!" He yelled and before I could register what happened Harry punched Zayn right in the face.

-------

 [A/N: YIKES!!! What did you guys think of this chapter? I love reading your comments :3 and I'm an updating machine lately. You all should love me.]