Chapter Sixteen

PLEASE READ THE A/N AT THE BOTTOM. I BEG YOU TO READ IT. IT'S VERY IMPORTANT.

"Within a minute I was all packed up, I've gotta ticket to another world. I don't wanna go."

-------

The next day I was dreadfully packing up my suitcase. I don't want to leave. I mean going back and seeing Harry was great, but leaving my family was not so great. I threw the last bit of my clothes into the suitcase and zipped it up.

I put the bag by the door and walked out and down the stairs. I was hesitant going into my mother's bedroom, because if she started crying, I would be doomed. I slowly opened the door and peaked my head in to make sure she wasn't still sleeping.

"Mom?" I whispered slightly, letting my eyes adjust to the darkness of the room. "Oh sorry, honey. I was just fixing up the bathroom." She said as she came out of the bathroom. "Oh, it's okay." I said as I flipped the switch on the light. 

"What do you need?" She asked. "We're just leaving soon and I wanted to spend some time with you before we did." I explained and her facial expression dropped as she remembered. "Oh, right." She mumbled sadly.

"I wish I could stay longer." I frowned. "I wish you could too." She agreed with me. "I wanted to give you something before you left." She said softly. My curiosity was sparked as she went over to her small vanity.

I was shocked when she went to her jewelry box. "Mom, no." I said as I tried to stop her. "Would you be quiet." She chuckled as she continued looking for something. "Here it is." She said as she sighed softly. "Close your eyes." She said as she tried to fight a smile.

I obliged and closed my eyes softly. I heard the click of a chain and she stepped beside me. She brushed my hair to the side and clasped (what I can assume was a necklace) around my neck. I opened my eyes and looked down at the object.

I was confused to see a ring laced on a long chain. "What's this?" I said looking down at the ring that had a single diamond in it. "It's my wedding ring." She said and my eyes widened. "No, mom." I said as I began to take it off. 

"Stop." She said, pulling my arms down. "I can't take this." I said, picking up the ring. "Yes you can, and you will." She said with a look that said 'That's final.'. I sighed, but didn't argue anymore. "Why are you giving me this?" I asked.

"When you get engaged I want this to be your engagement ring." She said with a weird look in her eye. "Mom, I'm not getting married. I don't need this." I told her with a confused look. "Please, just keep it." She said with a tired sigh. 

***

I knew it was time for us to get going, but Zayn still wasn't down here. "I'll be right back." I excused myself from the conversation that Greg, mom, and I were having. They nodded and continued talking as I left the table.

I jogged up the stairs and knocked lightly on Zayn's door. It was nearly ten in the morning, he should be up. "Zayn?" I asked as I opened the door, letting the light from the hallway stream into his room. "What?" He said quietly.

"We need to get going." I said as I flicked on the guest rooms light. "I know." He said softly. "What's wrong?" I asked as I stepped into his room. "Nothing." He retorted. "Wow, that's convincing." I said sarcastically.

"It's really nothing." He said, standing up from the bed. "Ready?" He asked as he grabbed his duffle bag. "Yeah, I guess." I said reluctantly. I went to my room and took one more look around before grabbing my bag and lugging it down the stairs.