Chapter Nine

"I wish I could wake up with amnesia."

-------

Once we got down to the ballroom it was madness. People were everywhere. I took in the surroundings and saw a few familiar faces. Of course, I didn't know any of them. I've just seen a few passing in the hall. 

My neck felt bare without my necklace. I had taken it and stuffed it in one of my empty dresser drawers for safe keeping. Every few moments I subconsciously would reach up towards my neck to feel for my necklace, even though I knew it wasn't there.

"Are you trying to choke yourself?" Harry joked and I blushed and quickly put my hand down. "What are you doing, though?" He asked curiously. "N-Nothing." I stuttered and he gave me an unsure look, but quickly shrugged it off.

He lead me through the crowd of slaves until we reached a bigger table decorated more elaborately then any of the others. I recognized Niall and Zayn's face immediately. Harry lead me over to the head of the table and pulled out a seat for me.

"Thank you." I said quietly to him as I sat down. He took the seat next to me then started a conversation with the brunette towards his right. I uncomfortably glanced around the table and saw no familiar faces. So much for a fun party.

 I looked around the room and I saw Sasha and Anette were just arriving to the party. I debated whether or not I should go over to them. While I was in my mental debate I felt someones stare on me. I looked around the table and then saw that Zayn was staring at me.

I was looking him directly in the eye, but he didn't seem to care. I started feeling uncomfortable, so I turned to Harry and lightly tapped him on the shoulder. He turned to look at me. "What is it?" He asked, clearly wanting to go back to his conversation.

"May I go say hello to Anette and Sasha?" I asked and he looked around the room, looking for them. When he spotted them he turned back to me. "You may, but come back right after." He said with a crooked smile.

I nodded quickly and thanked him, then got up from the chair. I pulled my dress up as I walked, careful not to rip the material. When I got closer I smiled at them. "Hey, Anette." I said and she smiled at me. "Sasha." I curtly nodded.

"We were just talking about you!" Anette chirped. "You were?" I asked in confusion. "Yes! Look at you at the head table!" She exclaimed and Sasha rolled her eyes. "Yeah, you should see if Lord Harry will let us join you." Sasha said in fake sweetness.

"Don't be silly, Sash." Anette said in a motherly tone. "Don't talk to me like that. You're only two years older than me." Sasha rolled her eyes again. "Wait, you guys are sisters?" I asked and Anette nodded. "Sadly." Sasha sighed.

"Did you get purchased together?" I asked and Anette nodded. "We looked like twins." Sasha said and I still was confused. "So, how'd that-" I stopped talking when I saw Anette with widened eyes. "What?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"I'm pretty sure that Lord Zayn is coming over here." She said with her eyes still widened in surprise. "Wait, really?" I said and turned around. Sure enough, there was Zayn five feet in front of me. He was making eye contact with me, so I knew he was coming here.

"May I steal Crystal for a moment?" He asked Anette and Sasha with his eyes still locked on me. "Of course." Anette said with a smirk. I made a mental note to slap her later, but I faked a smile at Zayn. He held his arm out, so I laced my arm with his.

"Where are we going?" I asked once we were away from Anette and Sasha. "Outside." He answered as we neared the head table. Harry shot me a confused glance. I shook my head with widened eyes showing him that I didn't know either.