Chapter Twelve

"But if you close your eyes, does it almost feel like nothing's changed at all?"

-------

"God, Crystal. Where do you live?" Zayn complained for the millionth time. We'd been in the car for two hours already and obviously, Zayn was getting impatient. "We're almost there." I told him and he groaned. 

"I've never known anyone who has complained more than you." I rolled my eyes. "I haven't complained." He said with his arms crossed. "Okay, if you can keep your mouth shut until we get there I'll change my opinion." I challenged him. 

"Fine." He said and I sighed in relief at the silence in the car. Every five minutes he'd ask if we were there yet, or he'd throw some insult at me. It was like being in a car with a five year old, honestly. I thought Zayn was quiet, I wouldn't have guessed he'd be annoying.

As the silence engulfed us my mind wandered to my family. What was I going to say to them when I got there? "Hey, I know we haven't had any contact in months, but my slave owner, who kissed me, let me come see you! So, here I am!" Yeah, I don't think so.

I shut my eyes in attempt of getting the thoughts out of my head, but it wasn't working very well. I finally looked over to Zayn, who was looking out the window. His brow was creased, so I know he's thinking about something.

"I need to pee." He suddenly said and I groaned in frustration. "There it is again! Stop complaining!" I exclaimed. "Okay, okay. So, maybe I complain a lot." He said and I laughed coldly. "Maybe? I think you complain more than Sasha complains!" I told him and he shrugged, but didn't say anything more.

The car lurched to a stop so, I unbuckled my seat belt. I felt my heart rate pick up. Zayn sighed in relief and waited for the driver to come and open his door. When he did, Zayn climbed out of the car and started walking towards my old home. 

When he realized I wasn't following him, he turned around and walked back to the car. "Are you coming or not?" He asked with his head in the door. "W-What if they don't want to see me?" I asked with panic lacing my voice.

"C'mon, Crystal. You're part of their family. Of course they're going to want to see you." He sent me a reassuring look, but it wasn't working too well. "Maybe we should just go back." I said and began buckling my seat belt again. 

"No, no, no." He said coming back into the car. "You're going inside." He said and held my hands to the side as he unbuckled the seat belt again. "No, Zayn!" I yelled as he put his other hand around my waist. He pulled me out of the car, despite my complaints.

"Zayn, stop! Put me down!" I yelled as he threw me over his shoulder. "If I put you down you have to promise to go in there." He said and I bit my lip. "Fine! Just put me down!" I yelled and he set me down carefully on the ground.

Just as I was about to bolt back into the car, he grabbed my waist and pushed me in front of him. "How'd I know you were going to do that?" He laughed. "You're a jerk." I told him and he shoved me so I would continue walking.

"I've been called worse, darling." He said with his hand still on my waist, even though I was now walking on my own. We reached the house and he grabbed my hand as he knocked on the old wood, so I wouldn't run away again. 

As the door creaked open, I turned my gaze to the ground. "Can I help you?" My brothers familiar voice rang in my ears. "C-Crystal?" Greg's voice said in a whisper. I slowly lifted my head and his eyes widened. 

"Oh my God. It's you." He said and engulfed me into a hug. "Why are you here? How are you here? Are you okay?" He rushed out a million questions at once. "C-Can I wait to tell you everything until mom's around?" I asked shakily and he nodded quickly.