Chapter Twenty Five

"You know I never meant to hurt you."

-------

"Harry, stop!" I shouted as he punched Zayn relentlessly. "Stop, please!" I sobbed. I was too afraid to get closer to them to pull them apart. When Harry was angry he didn't know what he was doing. He scared me.

I did the only thing I could do and ran back inside. I looked around in panic for someone that could help me. I saw Niall standing next to other people and it was my only option to go to him for help. I ran over to him as quick as I could and ignored the looks people were giving me.

"Niall!" I gasped as I got close to him. "H-Harry and Zayn. H-He's gonna kill him!" I exclaimed while I was still in shock. "What happened?" He asked urgently. "He's gonna kill him!" I rushed out and grabbed Niall's arm and pulled him with me.

"Hurry!" I yelled and we ran outside. I ran to where they were and pointed helplessly at Harry and Zayn. Zayn was completely knocked out, but Harry wouldn't stop. Niall ran over to them and tried to talk to Harry to get him to stop, but he wouldn't.

"Stop before you kill him!" Niall yelled loudly and grabbed Harry's arm. Harry whipped around and punched Niall in the face. Harry's eyes widened in shock, as did mine. He stopped punching him and started to apologize.

"While they were talking I ran to Zayn. His face was all beaten up and I was a sobbing mess. I was relieved when I felt his heart racing. "Niall, help." I called for Niall hopelessly. "Get the fuck away from him, Crystal." Harry growled.

"Niall, please." I begged him and ignored Harry. Niall came over and helped me with Zayn. He winced at the bruises and cuts on his face. He picked Zayn up and asked for my help to get him into the palace. I stood up and tried to help, but Harry grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"Get your hands off of me." I hissed. "You are not to see him anymore, got it?" He said firmly with rage still in his eyes. I was going to fight, but he owned me and I couldn't do anything about it. "Just let me help him." I said with my eyes watering again.

He rolled his eyes and stormed away. I went back to Niall and helped him get Zayn inside. We struggled to get him to the hospital wing, but eventually we did. They took him back and said he probably had a concussion.

They had to stitch a few of his wounds shut and had ice for him to put on his face when he woke up for the bruising. "Thank you so much, Niall." I said and wrapped him into a hug. "Anytime." He said and pulled back from the hug.

"Do you mind me asking what happened?" He asked and I sighed. "I was alone at the party and Zayn came and talked to me and we went outside and he, uhm, kissed me. Harry saw." I told him and he nodded. 

"I'll come and check on him tomorrow. I need to go see what Harry's doing, and I think the party's over." He chuckled lightly and exited Zayn's room. I sat down next to Zayn's bed and gripped his hand tightly. I fell asleep next to him that night.

--

The next morning I was awoken when I felt Zayn move. I bolted my head up and stood up to get closer to him. "Zayn?" I questioned as I saw him stir on the bed. "My face hurts." He groaned groggily. "You're alright." I breathed in relief.

"Were you here all night?" He questioned with a wince. "I never left." I sighed. "You need to sleep." He said and I shook my head. "Zayn, when I leave, I can't see you again." I said with tears pricking my eyes. "Don't cry." He whispered and grabbed my hand.

"It'll be alright, yeah? You'll see me at the wedding." He said and I shook my head. "I don't want to marry him. I can't marry him." I said quickly. "This was my fault, Crys. You love him. It's okay." He assured me and I shook my head again.

"No, Zayn. I don't love him. I love you." I told him and he looked as shocked as I felt.  "You love me?" He questioned with a small smile. "I love you." I said with a breath of relief. "I love you so much." I cried and he smiled with a wince of pain.

"You love me, but you can't deny you love him. I know you do." He said and I began shaking my head. "Don't, Crystal. You know you do. Anyone knows you do." He spoke. "You need to make things right." He said.

"If I make things right, I'll have to lie to him." I said with a frown. "If it helps you both, do it." He said with a sigh. "I love him." I whispered. "I know you do." He whispered back. "But I love you too." I said and he nodded. "I know that too."

"But when you leave, you can't come back." I said with my bottom lip trembling. "It'll all work out. I promise." He said and ran his fingers over my knuckles. "I love you too for what it matters." He chuckled lightly.

"You need to rest." I said and pushed his hair back off of his face. "So do you." He stated. "I can't leave this room. If I leave this room I can't come back." I told him and he sighed. "I know." He said. "But that's okay." He said and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"This isn't goodbye, Crys. I'll see you as soon as I get better, I promise. I'm probably leaving as soon as the swelling on my eye goes down." He said and I shook my head. "I'm not leaving until you do." I stated firmly.

"You have to sleep." He said. "I'll sleep here." I said. "You're so stubborn." He said and I laughed. "Sorry to interrupt." I looked up and saw Niall in the doorway looking exhausted. "Are you okay?" I asked him as I took in his appearance.

"I'm fine." He sighed and looked down at Zayn. "How are you holding up?" He asked Zayn. "I've been better." He said as he shifted in the bed. "The doctor said you could leave soon." Niall informed him and he nodded.

"I'll probably rest a bit then get going." Zayn told him. "That's probably a good idea." Niall said then looked over at me. "He wants to see you." He told me and I frowned. "Go." Zayn said and I nodded. "I'll see you soon?" I asked. "I'll see you soon." He confirmed, and I left Zayn with Niall.

--------

[A/N: I honestly don't know what i just wrote it pains me to write this about Harry. Buttttt. To all of you Carry shippers... Do you still ship it? hehe]