Chapter One

[So, I'm gonna do this thing where the first to guess what song will get a chapter dedicated to them!]

"Isn't anyone trying to find me? Won't somebody come take me home?"

-------

Numb. I felt numb. I didn't care about anything. I didn't care that I was being tossed around like a rag doll. I didn't care about the disgusted stares I was getting from the guards. It felt like everything was going in slow motion. 

I was harshly brought back to reality from a stinging on my cheek. I gasped in horror as the man slapped me. "Are you listening to me?!" He exclaimed angrily in my face. "Y-Yes." I said and he glared at me.

"Move." He said and shoved me hard. I continued walking behind two guards. "When's the auction?" The one guard asked the other. "Tomorrow." He responded gruffly to the other man. I looked up in horror to see the ugly grey building in front of me.

I can't go in there. I can't. I stood in my place while glancing up at the huge building with tears rolling down my cheeks. "Move it!" The guy said and shoved me again, but this time he pushed me to the ground.

"Get the hell up!" He said kicking my side. I rolled up into fetal position as he kept pulling at my body trying to get me to move. "Leave her alone!" A feminine voice said. "Parker, you're supposed to be getting the girls here not beating them up!" The woman said harshly before coming over to me.

"Are you okay, dear?" She asked and I looked up to her weakly. She had auburn hair and green eyes. She was beautiful, really. "Are you okay?" She asked and I nodded. "Y-Yes." I said and she helped me to my feet.

"Thank you." I said looking at the ground. "Let's get you inside." She said and put her hands on my shoulders. I froze and tears rolled down my face quicker than before. "Let's go." Parker said and I decided that I had to listen unless I wanted to be beaten up again.

The old doors creaked open as the guards pulled them. Once we entered I couldn't help but cough. The air was musty and dust was flying around everywhere. I can't stay here. I can't die here. They escorted me through the hallways and we stopped in front of a solid black door.

"I got it from here. Thank you." The woman said and the guards walked away. "Come on, sweetie." She smiled sympathetically at me. I walked through the door to be met with a room full of girls my age. They were either sitting in dirty minuscule rooms or crying in the corner.

I shivered as the cold air from the room hit us. It wasn't heated and we were in the middle of Winter. Are these people insane? We're all going to get sick. I came to realization a little late. They don't care. They could care less if we're tortured, sick, or injured. They just want the money.

This world was absolutely sick. "What's your name, honey?" The girl asked me pulling me out of my thoughts. "C-Crystal Wells." I mumbled and she nodded and checked something off of her list. "I'm Faye. I'm here to help you, not to beat you up like Parker did back there."

I got a chill down my spine when she said his name. Men are pigs. Well, except for Greg of course. I nodded in response to her. "Let's get you ready." She said and guided me to a room in the back. We entered the room and I looked around.

There was hair tools like straighteners, curling irons, etc. I looked into the corner and saw a wardrobe. Nothing special of course. Mostly ugly grey dresses. "Sit here." She told me gesturing to the chair near the hair tools.

I obeyed her and sat in the uncomfortable chair. "Maxine will be in here in just a second." She told me and looked towards the door. "I have to go check on some of the other arrivals. I'll be here once you're done." She informed me and her heals clinked against the ground as she walked away.