Chapter Fifteen

"I won't rest until you're mine."

-------

The next day, reality hit me. I have one day left here and I've focused all my time so far on Zayn. That had to change. I was determined to spend this whole day either helping my mom in the kitchen or helping Greg repair parts of the house.

I started the day by getting dressed then brushing through my hair. When I was finished with that I walked out of my room, hesitating by Zayn's door. I debated whether or not I should see if he's not, but I decided against it.

I told myself I wouldn't focus on him today. I mentally scolded myself. I descended down the stairs and into the kitchen to greet my mother. "Morning, mom." I said as I hugged her. "Good morning, Crystal." She smiled as she hugged me back.

"Need any help?" I asked, my eyes scanning over the kitchen. I smelled the bacon on the stove and my stomach immediately started growling in hunger. "No, no, no." She said quickly. "This is your last day. You're not doing any hard work." She said with a smile.

"Whatever you say." I sing-songed then sat at the table. I felt bad just watching her working her butt off on breakfast as I sat here doing absolutely nothing. "Are you sure, mom?" I asked while biting my lip. "I'm positive." She said with a warning glare, not to ask again.

"I'm done anyway." She said as she slid the last pieces of bacon onto a big plate. "Go get the boys, please?" She asked and I nodded. "Of course." I smiled quickly at her then made my way back through the living room to get to the stairs.

I decided to get Greg first. "Greg!" I yelled as I knocked on his door. "Leave me alone!" He yelled back sleepily. "Mom made bacon!" I yelled and I heard some murmurs from his door and the the lock clicked. "You should've said that to begin with." He said with his ruffled hair, then went past me down the stairs.

I knocked on Zayn's door three times and waited a few seconds before asking. "Zayn! Breakfast's ready." I said, knocking three times more. Before I knew it, the door was opening and I was being pulled inside the guest room. 

"Zayn, what the hell?" I asked as I released his grip from my wrist. I was about to turn around to exit the room when he stopped me by putting his hand on my forearm. "What?" I asked as I turned around to face him.

"I'm sorry for yesterday." He apologized and I shrugged. "Apology accepted. Can we eat now?" I said with an irritated tone. "Seriously, Crystal." He said while rolling his eyes. "What do you want me to say, Zayn?" I asked.

"I was furious with you. Well, when am I not? But that's not the point. I try to let it go, but then you say something rude again. God. You really piss me off." I said throwing my hands up in the air to show my frustration.

Unexpectedly...His arms were around mine. It took me a minute to realize that he was hugging me. I got a strange sense of comfort as he embraced me. God knows why, but I immediately relaxed into his arms and hugged him back.

I laid my head on his chest and I could hear his heart beating. I felt this sort of shock through my body, causing me to pull back unexpectedly. "Are you okay?" He asked when I jumped away. "Y-Yeah. Fine." I said then turned around.

"My mom's just waiting." I muttered as I tried to shake away the strange feeling. I made my way back down the stairs and into the kitchen. I sat next to Greg and tried to ignore the strange stares he was  giving me.

After I had felt his eyes burn holes through my skull, I turned towards him. "What?" I asked. "Nothing." He sighed as he continued to eat his eggs. "Okay..." I trailed off weirdly. As I was putting eggs and bacon on my plate, Zayn emerged from the living room.