Chapter Thirty One

"Got a galaxy of scars."

-------

"I'm not kidding, Crystal. Explain." Anette demanded with a warning look. "It's a really long story." I sighed. "Get out of the dress and we'll talk." She said and I nodded and went into the dressing room to change back into my clothes.

When I was done I sat down beside Anette. "Is it the best idea to talk here?" I asked as I looked around and saw many faces who obviously knew who I was. "We're not leaving until you spill." She said and I sighed.

"Where do I start?" I said. "The beginning. You and Zayn hated each other. Now you're making out with you're in a wedding dress, a wedding dress for Lord Harry." She whispered harshly. "I know, I know." I sighed.

"I don't really know how it happened. We just had feelings for each other. Harry caught us kissing at the engagement party. He wouldn't let Zayn come around anymore. I love Harry, but I'm in love with Zayn." I explained.

"How do you think this is a good idea?" Anette said. "I never said it was. I know it's not. Zayn said he has a plan, but he hasn't told me what it was because we can never be together for more than five minutes." I rolled my eyes.

"I'm dearly sorry I didn't give you more time to have an affair." She scoffed. "I know you don't think highly of me right now." I said and she nodded. "Obviously." She said with an eye roll. "I love him, Anette." I sighed.

"Love him or not. You made a promise to Lord Harry. I'm not going to support this at all." She said with her arms crossed. "Anette, please don't tell him." I pleaded her and she sighed. "I won't tell him." She said and I breathed a sigh of relief.

"I won't tell him, because it's your job to tell him." She said and I rolled my eyes. "I will, just not yet." I said and she shook her head at me. "I'm so disappointed in you." She said sadly. "You're not my mother." I scoffed.

"You're right, I'm not... What would she think though?" She questioned. "She'd tell me to listen to my heart." I countered. "Would she though?" She said and I furrowed my eyebrows. "Just think about what this could do." Anette said before leaving to go talk to a saleswoman. 

I've thought about this millions of times. I know I don't want to hurt Harry, but it's him being hurt for a small period of time or me being forever unhappy. I may be selfish, but I have to do what I feel is right, even if it hurts Harry.

The day continued on, dress after dress. Anette wouldn't look at me the same for the rest of the day. She kept telling me that the reason I didn't like any of the dresses were because I didn't want the wedding to happen.

Which she wasn't wrong. I didn't want the wedding to happen. I ended up picking some random dress that I thought looked better than the others. I hated planning this wedding. The guilt was eating me alive.

I wanted to tell Harry right now, really I did, but I can't picture the look on his face when I told him I was in love with his best friend. Well, old best friend. He'd probably skin Zayn alive if he knew about this. 

I wasn't much better either. I mean, I did lie to him. I should've just told him right at the party that I was in love with Zayn. Then again, at the time I didn't even know I was in love with Zayn. There's something about Zayn that keeps pulling me towards him.

Harry's most likely the better option, but anytime I think of loving Harry, Zayn pops back into my mind. What is it about him? Why am I constantly nagged by his entire being. He's like a drug and I can't get enough.

"Anette, you can't ignore me forever." I said with an irritated tone. "I can try my best." She said with a scoff. "This isn't my fault!" I exclaimed and she laughed coldly. "How is it not your fault?" She asked. "I can't help who I love." I said with a glare.

"You're so selfish!" She exclaimed. "How am I selfish?" I asked with my mouth agape. "You have not only one but two of the most powerful men around falling all over you! God, Crystal! Sasha's heartbroken that Harry doesn't return her feelings and you're playing him!" She scoffed.

"You think this is easy for me?! I love Harry more than anything. Trust me, I do, but I can't help being in love with Zayn. You think I chose to love Zayn? It doesn't work like that. Plus, I had no idea about Sasha so you can't put that on me." I said firmly. 

"Whatever, Crystal." She rolled her eyes and went on her way up to her room. I shook my head and walked towards the elevator. I needed something to get my mind off of this. I slammed my back into the elevator wall and leaned my head back.

I looked down at my feet and noticed an uneven corner. It made my OCD act up so I stepped on it to try and get it to go down. My eyes widened when the elevator lurched downwards. Wasn't I already on the bottom floor?

The door peeled open and my eyebrows furrowed in confusion. It was a large cement room. There were multiple doors surrounding me. What was this place? Why is it hidden? Why would Harry keep this from me?

-------

(A/N: you have no idea how unbelievably sorry i am for not updating. My year has been insane. I'm finally home for the first time in what seems like forever. I hope you all are still hanging with me. I'm back now. I won't stop until this story is over. I'm so sorry.)