Chapter Thirty Three

"When you broke down I didn't leave you."

-------

"What are you doing with that?" I snapped my head up and looked towards the door. "Don't tell Harry, please." I panicked. "How'd you even find this place?" Niall asked with his eyebrow raised. "I don't know. It was on accident. You can't tell Harry." I rushed out.

"I won't." He said with a reassuring smile. I darted my eyes back to the page and tried to get myself to calm down. "What is that?" Niall asked me with a skeptical look. "Harry's journal." I said while biting my lip.

"You shouldn't be reading that." He said as he approached me and took the journal from me. "Niall?" I said quickly and he shot me a questioning glance. "Do you know the reason Harry doesn't want Zayn around me?" I asked him and he laughed.

"He kissed you, Crystal." He said with a 'duh' tone. "No, Niall. I mean the real reason." I pressured. "Fuck, you know, don't you?" He questioned and I squinted my eyes at him. "Know what?" I said skeptically.

"You know." He said with a determined look. I was trying to figure out how to ask him without being direct in case he didn't know. I looked down at my necklace and looked back up him. The slight nod of his head indicated he knew what I meant.

"You knew?!" I shouted. "I was there when Zayn found out!" He countered. "This is bad. So bad." I said while placing a hand on my forehead. "Harry knows?" I questioned and he nodded quickly. I was beyond angry.

I started charging out of the room, but Niall through his hand out to grab my arm. "Crystal, you can't tell him you know." He said and I stared at him. "Why not?!" I exclaimed. "You just can't!" He exclaimed back at me.

"Crystal, you have to promise you won't tell him." He pleaded and I sighed in defeat. "I won't tell him I know. I'll wait for him to tell me." I said firmly. "What are you planning?" He said with a threatening look.

"Oh, nothing. Have a good day." I said with a smile and walked out of the room towards the elevator. I pressed the button up to the top floor and let the elevator lurch upwards. I waited until the doors opened to exit and head towards our room.

I walked into the room and changed into sweat pants and a t-shirt. I wasn't planning on doing anything today anyways. I tied my hair up and laid on the bed trying to conjure up a plan. I figured I was just going to wing it.

I'll taunt him with it. Make him feel like he has to tell me. I watched TV for awhile before even that got boring. I was tired of doing nothing. Annette and Sasha don't like me right now, so I can't exactly ask them for help. 

I heard the door open so I looked over. "Hey." Harry said as he approached me. "How was your day?" I asked him. "It was fine. Did you find a dress?" He questioned and I fought the urge to roll my eyes at him.

"Yes." I answered shortly. "Is something wrong?" He asked and I shrugged. "Is there?" I questioned and he furrowed his eyebrows at me. "What?" He asked. "Nothing." I said and he looked at me weirdly. "Okay?" He said and I nodded and turned my head back to the TV.

"Harry?" I questioned and he looked over at me. "What?" He asked. "Do you have anything you've never told me?" I asked. Wow, I should've been less blunt. "What do you mean?" He asked while looking at me like I'm crazy.

"Like, do you have any secrets that you haven't told me?" I asked and he darted his eyes away from me and back. "Of course not." Lie. "I tell you everything." Lie. "Are you sure?" I asked and he furrowed his eyebrows at me. 

"Are you alright?" He asked and I nodded. "I just don't want to marry you if you're keeping things from me, you know? What kind of relationship would we have if we didn't tell each other everything?" I pressured.

"Yeah..." He trailed off. I rolled my eyes and went back to watching TV. I wasn't even sure what was on. It was some dumb sitcom. I could hardly even pay attention to it. "You seem tense." He commented and I shrugged.

"I'm alright." I said. "Wait, Harry." I said and he looked at me. "This is a really random question." I said and he looked even more confused. "What are your opinions on the necklaces?" I said. I think this is the first time we've ever talked about them.

"Why do you ask?" He questioned, looking panicked. "Just wondering..." I trailed off. "I think they're a cute gesture." He said and I looked at him weirdly. "Gesture?" I questioned. "It's cute to see someones supposedly your 'mate', but I think it's telling you who to love." He said and I shook my head.

"If you're mated you're attached to them in more ways than a necklace, Harry." I said and shook my head. "Where is this coming from?" He said looking offended. "I don't know. Where is it coming from Harry?" I asked and a flash of worry went across his face.

"Did you ever find your mate?" I asked and he shook his head. "So you wouldn't know what it feels like right?" I asked and he stood up. "No." He said and walked towards the door. "I'm going to talk to Niall." He said and I nodded. 

"You do that." I said and he exited the room. Maybe that wasn't exactly how I should've handled the situation. He definitely knows something's up now. I wish I could say I regretted it. I was furious. So much made sense to me now.

He wouldn't let me hug him because of the necklaces. He's forcing the marriage because he knows if we're married nothing can happen between Zayn and I. I was so angry I could hardly even think straight.

-------

(A/N: i'm getting so good at updating.)