Chapter Twenty Six

"Hand over heart I'm praying, that I'm gonna make it out alive."

-------

I walked down the corridors until I got to our room. Before I faced Harry I got changed into sweatpants and wiped all of the makeup off of my face. I brushed my teeth and put my slippers on before going out to the balcony to meet Harry.

I opened the door and saw him standing against the railing, looking out at the gardens. I approached him and put my hands on the railing. "I don't know what to say to you." He spoke suddenly. "But..." He trailed off. 

"Before I start getting angry. I want you to explain what happened. The last thing I need is for me to start assuming things and going off on you." He sighed. "I don't know where to start." I sighed as I thought about what had happened the past few days.

"Uhm, the day we got into an argument. Two days ago I think? When Zayn came over and I ran out, he followed me. He took me into the city to get my mind off of things. Nothing happened then. Just thought you should know..." I trailed off.

"When we got back we were in the garden and he, uh, he kissed me." I said and his grip tightened on the railing. "I didn't know what to do." Zayn's words echoed in my head. "If you have to lie, do it.". "He apologized then he went home." I told him.

"I was planning on talking to him about it last night. He came over to me and I told him I wanted to talk outside. I didn't want the wrong person to overhear. So we went outside and I tried to explain that I loved you, and he just kissed me." I sighed.

Harry seethed in anger. "You're never going near him again." He said firmly and I sighed. "Harry-" I started. "No, Crystal. Never again." He said loudly. I knew I had no choice.  "Okay, okay." I said with a defeated sigh.

"You have no idea how much it hurt me." He said with his voice cracking. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." I said as I wrapped my arms around his waist. "I love you." I told him. "I love you too. More than anything in this world." He whispered as he gripped my waist.

"Don't leave me, Crystal." He said and my heart broke. I've never seen this side of Harry. The vulnerable side of him. "Too many people have left me, Crystal. You can't leave me too." He told me. "I'll never leave you." I told him and threaded my hands through his hair.

He leaned down and connected our lips. The kiss was passionate. Harry's vulnerability showed throughout the entire duration of the kiss. We were interrupted when we heard a cough at the door. We looked over and saw Niall standing there awkwardly.

"Zayn is requesting to see Crystal before he leaves." He said with his lips pursed. "Well I'm requesting to bash his head in, but we don't always get what we want do we?" Harry spat sarcastically. "He seems pretty determined..." Niall trailed off.

"Harry, come with me. Just to say bye. That's the last time I'll see him." I said softly. "Why don't I just let you run off with him then?" He snapped. "Harry." I hissed. "I'm asking to say goodbye. Not to marry him." I growled.

"You never listen to me! I've wanted you to stay away from him for months! It's always the last time you'll see him, but you always end up talking again! Now he's kissing you! I can't trust you together!" He yelled and I winced.

"What if you were in his place, huh? You'd want at least a goodbye. He's my best friend, Harry. I'm promising you to give him up. We deserve a goodbye." I pleaded him. "If this goes to shit, I'm never trusting you alone again." He said angrily.

"Thank you, Harry." I smiled softly at him. "Let's get this over with." He grumbled and grabbed my hand. We followed Niall down to the main door to say goodbye to Zayn. I saw him standing there with his double black eyes and busted lip and my heart sank.

The way that Harry looked at him made me sick. There was not an ounce of regret in his eyes, just pure hatred. "Let's make this quick." Harry said through gritted teeth. "Shut up, Harry." I rolled my eyes at him and he glared at me.

"See ya, buddy." Niall said as he gave him a hug quickly then stood back to make sure Harry didn't do anything stupid. Harry had a tight grip on my waist, so when I was to say goodbye it wasn't without difficulty.

"Harry." I sighed as I tried to pull away from his grip. He pulled me around a connected our lips as to prove a point to Zayn. He tried to deepen the kiss, but I pulled away before it could go any further. Harry let me go this time and had a smug look on his face.

I rolled my eyes at his childish behavior and walked over to Zayn. I wrapped him tightly in a hug, afraid to let go of him. "This isn't goodbye." I whispered in his ear. "It's not goodbye." He confirmed. "I love you." He said, barely above a whisper, making my heart skip. "I love you too." I said weakly.

As much as I hated to, I pulled back from the hug and gave him a smile. "Bye, Zayn." I said with a tight smile. "Bye, Crystal." He breathed out. Harry pulled me back to his side with an unhappy look on his face.

"I've gotta run. Thanks for not killing me, Harry." He said sarcastically. Harry didn't say anything, but you could practically see the smoke coming from his ears. As Harry and I walked down the hallway, I turned around and snuck a quick glance at Zayn. He mouthed 'I love you' before exiting the palace.

-------

[A/N: MAN IDK WHAT I SHIP ANYMORE. Crayn has my heart but I was sad for Harry in this chapter. What do you guys think?]