Chapter Twenty Two

*I'm sorry to all of the Carry shippers.*

"Stay with me, cause you're all I need."

-------

"He's ignorant. He doesn't think before he speaks. He thinks he can control everyone, which he can, but that's not the point. He thinks that I'm like a puppy that will just follow him around. He's literally impossible and sometimes I think I hate him, but then I remember all that he's done for me." I rushed out.

"Crystal." Zayn sighed and gave my hand a reassuring squeeze. "He really hasn't done all that much for you, other than not using you for his personal needs." He said. "He gave me a place to live! He gave me everything I needed!" I exclaimed.

"That's nothing that someone else would've done. He purchased you, Crystal. Anyone could've and anyone could've given you a place to stay and food to eat. He's not as amazing as you make him out to be." He said with a sad smile.

I didn't know what to say to that. I kept opening and closing my mouth like a fish. I was speechless. Completely speechless. I've never really thought about it that way. I shouldn't have to think about it that way. Why is he always on this topic?

"Why do you constantly ask me about Harry?" I changed the subject. He tensed in his seat and shifted uncomfortable. "No reason." He said while clearing his throat then taking a drink of the champagne in his hand.

I quirked and eyebrow at him, but didn't question it any further. The waitress came back with one huge plate in her hand. "Votre nourriture, monsieur. Je ai apporté deux plaques supplémentaires pour vous de le diviser." She said and placed the plate down and removed the covering.

"Merci." Zayn said and she disappeared. "It's lobster and shrimp in an alfredo sauce." Zayn explained to me as he scooped some onto an extra plate and laid it in front of me. I examined the food and cut into the lobster first.

I've never had lobster. It's a very expensive fish and being lower class, we couldn't afford it. I put it in my mouth and didn't chew it at first. The texture was strange at first, but I started chewing it and the flavor was really good.

The whole meal we didn't talk much. The conversation from before still left some tension in the air. We finished our meals and I was completely full. The waitress came back and gathered our plates. "Puis-je obtenir ne importe quel dessert pour vous deux?" She asked.

"Dessert?" Zayn questioned and I shook my head no. "Non, ce sera tout. Merci Simone." He spoke and she nodded her head. "À tout moment, Maître Zayn." She smiled at both of us then left the table. "Ready?" He asked and began to stand up.

"Yeah." I said softly and got up from the table. "Where to?" I asked as we paused outside of the door. "Ever been to the park before?" He asked and looked down to me. "I've never been in the city before." I laughed and he nodded with a smile.

"The park it is then." He said and began walking across the street. I struggled to keep up with him. My legs were a lot shorter than his. "How far is it?" I asked when we got across the street. "Just a few minutes." He said.

The few minutes were spent in silence as Zayn concentrated on where we were going. When we got to the park Zayn led us to a bench right next to the water. I fumbled with my necklace in my fingers. The silence was too uncomfortable for my liking. 

"You're still wearing that damn necklace." He chuckled lightly. "Yeah, I told Harry that Sasha gave it to me." I laughed and he tensed at my mention of Harry. "Did he tell you anything?" He asked hesitantly. "Uh, no?" I said, but it sounded like a question.

"Why?" I asked him. "You don't know then?" He asked again and I furrowed my eyebrows. "Know what?" I asked, completely confused. "Nothing. Just nothing." He sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "Ready to go?" He asked and stood up.

"But we just got here." I said with a frown. "We have to make it back before Harry does. You have the party tonight too." He said and I sighed, but nodded and followed him back to the parking lot. He started the car and quickly drove back to the palace.

The guards let Zayn in without question and he drove up to the doors. He made his own parking spot on the side and turned the engine off. I got out of the car and walked around the area to go to the gardens. It used to bring me a sense of comfort, but I can't stop feeling about Harry's proposal now.

I sat near the small pond in the middle. By now Zayn probably left and I don't think Harry's back yet. So this was my only time alone. "Hey." Or not. "Hi." I said as Zayn sat down next to me. "I thought you left." I said and he shook his head no.

"Why is it that every time we hang out it always ends awkwardly?" He asked and I shrugged. "Who knows." I spoke. "Harry's not back yet." He informed me and I nodded slowly. "That's cool." I said with a sigh.

"Look at me." He said and put his finger under my chin so I was looking at him. "I'm sorry." He said and I furrowed my eyebrows. "For what?" I asked in confusion. "For this." He said and before I knew what was happening his lips were on mine.

You know how in movies and books the boy kisses the girl and fireworks go off? Like everything just fell into place. They don't care about anything in the world besides that person. Well that's how I felt right at this very moment.

And I loved it.

-------

[A/N: THAT'S WHATS GOING ON. NOTHING'S FINE SHE'S TORN. I'm sorry I thought I was funny. But I hope you enjoyed this chapter and it wasn't too boring. I love you all and remember #TheNecklaceFanfic on Twitter! I want to get more views(: ]