Chapter Eleven

"Don't you dare look out your window. Darling, everything's on fire."

-------

I took deep breaths as I prepared myself for what was about to come. I followed Samuel until we reached one of the bigger rooms. Harry was laying there with his stomach tightly bandaged. He winced in pain as he positioned himself differently.

"Hey stranger." I smiled as he looked over slowly. "Hey you." He weakly smiled. "I thought you'd already be gone by now." He told me and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "What do you mean by that?" I asked him.

"The palace walls were open. I thought you would've left. Went back to your family or something." He said and I shook my head. "That didn't even cross my mind." I told him and he weakly chuckled. "Well, now you're wishing you left." He said and I shook my head again.

"If I would've left, you'd be dead right now." I said. "True, but isn't that what you all want?" He asked and I shrugged. "Maybe the others, but not me." I told him. "Why not?" He questioned, looking confused. "I care about you, Harry." I said softly.

"I just wish I wouldn't have been trapped on the balcony. I could've helped you before you got shot." I said with a frown. "Hey, you saved my life. I couldn't ask for more than that." He said with a smile and I nodded. "I guess."

"Why didn't you want Zayn to shoot that man?" I asked in confusion. "He could've given us answers." He said with pursed lips. "Are you glad he shot him?" I asked and he shrugged. "I guess if he didn't I'd definitely be dead, but we did need that information." He told me.

"So, what are you going to do now?" I asked. "I'm going to do nothing until I can function properly again." He said gesturing to his bandaged stomach. "Sounds good." I told him then got up from the plastic chair next to the bed.

"Where are you going?" He asked. "I'm going to go to sleep, and you should too." I told him with a tired sigh. "Wait, there's something I wanted to do." He told me and I looked at him questionably. "What?" I asked.

"Come here." He said and so I stepped forward so I was right next to his bed. "Lean down." He said, so I crouched down next to him. He took no hesitation to put his lips against mine. When he pulled back he smiled, "Happy New Year."

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

[Time Skip]

It's been about two weeks since the accident. The palace was running smoothly again. Most of the slaves have gotten over what had happened. Some even seem to not remember it all. Harry was better for the most part.

He was up and walking, but he couldn't do too much for too long. Samuel said that his recovery should only be for a few more weeks, but being a wealthy slave owner, that didn't really work. Harry had Niall manage most things while he was down.

Niall only alerted Harry if something was seriously wrong, which probably wasn't a good thing because too much stress could cause Harry to bleed internally, and that wouldn't be good. Harry had excused me from most of my work.

He mostly just had me take care of the horses and take care of him. Harry hadn't really mentioned anything about the night he had kissed me, which I was thankful for. I didn't want to have that conversation.

Sure, Harry was kind, and he was wealthy, and good looking, but I can't stop thinking about my necklace. I know the person with the other half is somewhere out there. My only worry is that they don't wear their necklace anymore, which is very likely. 

I was still only 16. I wasn't in any rush to have an actual relationship. I just wanted to see my mother and my brother. I wonder how they are. Are they having trouble with anything? Are they glad I'm gone? No, they'd have to miss me, right?