Last Show

Ariana's POV:

Humming to the song playing through the car, my eyes follow the passing scenery of San Diego, and for the most part I'm in a slightly zoned out state. That is until I feel the grip on my thigh tighten. My gaze shifts, moving from the window to the hand on my leg.

I look up to find my fiancé's jaw clenching and unclenching as her leg bounces rapidly. Scooting closer, I wrap my arms around her arm, and gently scratch my nails up and down her forearm.

"Baby," I speak quietly," talk to me." There isn't really a need to ask if she's okay, seeing as she clearly has something on her mind.

With a long exhale she does," I'm just nervous. Which is kind of stupid cause this isn't my first show and it isn't my first show of this tour either. We been doing this for weeks and all of a sudden I'm anxious."

I make sure she's done before replying," it's not stupid baby." She looks over at me." I'm nervous every time I perform. Whether it's singing at my mom's birthday, an appearance, or at Madison Square Garden." Her brows pinch together but she's listening." It's not stupid to be nervous. You want to perform well for your fans and it's what you love to do."

"Yeah I guess."

Shaking my head I say," no guessing. I'm right." And that makes her chuckle, a smile tugging at her lips, which makes me smile." Just like every other night, you're going to be amazing. Everyone knows it."

Y/n takes a deep breath, inhaling slowly and exhaling slowly. Then meets my eyes again." I love you, thanks for supporting me."

"Always." I raise my hand to cup the back of her neck and pull her into a kiss," and I love you too."

"I'd hope so, shit, you wearin my ring." She jokes and I know she's really okay now.

Laughing, I look down at said ring on my finger," and I'm never taking it off," I tell her.

Her smile brightens, a breathy chuckle falling from her lips," so for your wedding ring, what if I got you like, a rose gold band with diamonds." I raise an eyebrow, thinking about the idea." I'll make sure it's a perfect match with that one."

"Okay," I nod, liking the idea of adding a ring to this instead of getting a new one. Obviously this one is special but Y/n had made sure she got something she knew I'd love. Pearls are special to me and the fact that she remembered that is super sweet.

For the rest of the drive we sing along to the songs on the radio, Y/n recording us every once in a while, but only posting one video. The caption mentions our show tonight and it instantly gets replies and Y/n interacts with some of them, until we pull into the back of the venue.

Our driver gets out first, no doubt to coordinate with our security team, then taps on the window and Y/n gets out. She comes around to my side and opens my door, holding a hand out for me to take and I do. Saying a thank you to her and our driver before going inside.

We both smile and wave to everyone who we pass, all the while talking to Griffin. With this being the last show we made very slight changes to things, like the way we do the meet and greet and switching up the songs and stuff a bit.

All of our friends are in Y/n's dressing room when we get there. Literally all of them and if the room weren't so big this would suck.

Some of them are splayed out on the couch: Victoria resting her feet on John's lap, Courtney sitting on Anthony's, with Jackson and his new girl Leah cuddled up on the end. Frankie, Doug, Cass, and Tommy are hanging in the corner by the mini fridge.

And I know Scott and Brian would be in here if they weren't off working. Plus my mom and Nonna are next door in my dressing room.

"What the hell all you hoes doin in here?" Y/n asks, eyebrows pushed together.