Be Alright

A/N : Please do not hate me for randomly disappearing. I'll explain at the end of this chapter.

Ariana's POV:

I adjust the strap of my black heels before standing and looking in the mirror. My hands smooth down the black material of my dress and I turn to face Y/N.

She's dressed in her black slacks, black dress shoes, and her black dress shirt where she left a couple buttons undone.

Her eyes are trained on the paper in front of her, hands shaking slightly with nerves.

The two of us still haven't spoken about us. We know that we're still together, we know we love each other, but there's still a tension that sits over us because of the unaddressed issue.

Still though, she kept me by her side everyday that she was here after finding out. And was reluctant to leave when need be.

She was fighting to stay but none of us wanted her to bail on the tour so after her three day break she went back on tour for four days. And now she's on break again for two days.

Even when she was gone she was here. She insisted that she pay for the entire funeral which means the money Miss Porter left behind went straight to Anthony's pocket. On top of that she's been helping Anthony make the funeral decisions over the phone.

Said funeral is today.

Miss Porter asked(in her will) that Y/N sing and speak at her funeral and Y/N has been nervously staring at her speech since she found out she had to give it.

"Y/N." I go over and squat in front of her. My hands gently wrap around hers." Baby look at me."

Her y/e/c teary eyes lock with mine.

"Everything's going to be alright." I nod." I know you don't want to hear that right now and I also know you're going to hear it a lot today, but it's true. It hurts now and it may always sting but it'll get better."

She blinks, trying to get rid of the tears in her eyes, as she nods.

After folding up the paper in her hand, she stands and offers me her hand. I accept the help and stand, immediately pulling her into a hug.

Her arms wrap around my waist and she buries her face in the crook of my neck. She takes a shaky breath and squeezes me before pulling away.

"We should get going."

I nod, grabbing my bag, and following her out her room.

The closer we get to the stairs the more prominent the smell of food becomes. The aroma wafts over me as we finally get down the stairs.

Our eyes find Y/M/N and Samia in the living room. The younger girl sitting on the floor in front of Miss Y/M/N getting her hair done.

"How close are you to being done? Not rushing but kind of. We need to pick Anthony and Courtney up and be at the church before family hour." Y/N says looking at her watch then her mom.

"I know. And I," she pauses, putting a rubber band on the end of Samia's last braid," am done."

"Great."

But from the couch she goes into the kitchen.

Y/N sighs, hand running down her face. But she says nothing, just leans against the wall and crosses her arms.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry. I'm ready now." Y/M/N comes out the kitchen wiping her hands on a towel.

"You sure? There's nothing else you need to grab or do?" Y/N confirms.