Girlfriend

Ariana's POV:

My mom sits beside me on my couch, Frankie jumping into the chair on my other side.

I smile and shake my head at his actions before turning to my mom.

"So, what's up y'all?" I ask tucking my feet under myself more, my blanket falling to the ground a little.

Getting the end of the blanket off the ground, my mom tucks it under my legs," apart from just spending time with you, we wanted to talk to you about Y/N."

My heart skips a beat but I try my best to hold my expression," what about her?"

"We just wanted to know what you could tell us about her. I mean we've been around her a few times but we haven't actually spent any time with her." She explains.

True.

That's partly everyone's faults.

Mine cause I haven't exactly pushed or asked that Y/N spend quality time with my family. Not because I don't want her to but because when I'm with her I can't even explain it, it's like I just focus on her and I get so lost in being with her that I forget.

Then it's Y/N's fault, sort of, because she's so busy! I know if I ask she'll find/make time. She promised she'd always have time for me even after she blew up and she holds to that. But she's also super invested in this, which I love and it's definitely not a problem, but it's like, once she's gone she's gone. Once Y/N is in work mode it takes hours for her to come out.

And then there's my family. They play a small small part of why it hasn't happened and it's simply because they haven't said anything. Which I guess isn't the biggest problem. I'm their daughter/sister/granddaughter I should be the one arranging all this but they haven't exactly said much about wanting to know Y/N better or anything.

I shake my head to clear my thoughts," I'm sure we can set something up. Y/N's been busy lately but she wouldn't hesitate to free up some time to spend with you guys."

The past couple of weeks, since the video release party, Y/N has been working like thrice as hard as before. What with her recording with Chance, doing all those interviews, making the PillowTalk video, and prepping for the tour.

She's starting to get tired and I see it but she's playing it off. Then again she probably doesn't notice since she's so excited.

"Ariana?"

Once again I've drifted off thinking about Y/N.

"Hmm?"

Nonna chuckles and shakes her head," stop beating around the bush, let's just stay for dinner tonight and talk to the girl."

"Tonight?" I glance at the clock on the wall that says 5:30.

Y/N's probably going to be tired. She's been at the studio and rehearsing all day.

"Yes tonight. Is there a problem with tonight?" Nonna smiles at me.

Before I can reply I hear cheering from the door.

Of course it belongs to my baby.

"Ari! Baby! Oh my god!" She slides into the living room on her socks, almost falling, with a cheesy grin on her face. " I got nominated for not one, not two, but SIX Billboard Awards!"

I can't help but instantly get excited for her. I jump up and immediately pull her into a hug.

"That's incredible baby!"

Her chest heaves with her labored breaths. She probably ran all the way up here, plus the excitement.

"I wanna celebrate. Can we do that?" She asks me.