Big News

Y/n's POV:

Keeping this pregnancy a secret has been the hardest thing I've had to do in my whole life.

I've kept secrets before and it was fairly easy, like birthday surprises, holiday gifts, even my proposal plans to Ariana was easy to keep a secret, but not this. God, I want to shout it from every rooftop. I want to post about it and start talking to my friends and family about this whole thing,

After the general and very necessary tests were run on Ariana, just making sure she and the babies were healthy and good, my wife and I decided to tell our family on Thanksgiving. It was only a few weeks away at the time and it would be our only opportunity to share the news while literally everyone was together.

So, we told everyone we were hosting Thanksgiving this year and used the short two weeks until the day to prepare for it.

We went shopping, got all the food since I'd be cooking. We decorated, fall colored paper leaves and pumpkins hung from the walls, some candles decorated the entryway tables, we left the Jack-O-Lanterns we made for Halloween on the front porch and reused the mini pumpkins in the center of the dining table. And Ariana got us outfits, because the clothes we already have weren't good enough or something.

But, all of that waiting and prep would pay off today. It's Thanksgiving.

I woke up early, like 6 a.m. early and started cooking. The turkey alone would take 3 hours, plus the ham, and all the sides. I'm going all out today, the menu is long: turkey, ham, roasted cauliflower (cause my wife is vegan), sweet carrots, yams, green beans, mashed potatoes, mac n cheese, garlic knots, stuffing, cranberry sauce, two different salads, a sweet potato pie, strawberry cheesecake, and peach cobbler.

I tackled the salads first and put those in the fridge. I seasoned up the turkey, ham, and cauliflower so it could marinate, and while that's been happening I've been working on the sides.

I want Ariana to do as little as possible so for the past few hours she's been nitpicking over decorations and doing all the little stuff in the kitchen that I let her do. I know she's partly annoyed with me because I'm treating her so fragile but she is, and I'll be damned if I let anything happen to her or my children.

Speaking of which:

"Ariana, you've been on your feet long enough, come sit." I call to her, knowing she can hear me even though she's all the way in the living room while I'm in the kitchen.

As I'm finishing prepping all the sides she comes in, a very annoyed glare is on her face but I hold my finger up to her in a 'one minute' motion, then I turn to put the turkey and the ham in the oven.

I set the timer, then turn back to her and smile." Proceed."

"Stop babying me." She snips.

"But baby." I playfully pout, which just makes her glare deepen.

Heaving a little sigh, I wipe my hands off then cross the kitchen to her. I take her hands in mine and raise them to my lips, pressing a soft kiss on her knuckles." You're two months pregnant love. And this is an IUI pregnancy. Every week that passes, every moment you get closer to giving birth," I sigh again and shake my head," I don't like to think about it, but the chances of complications will increase. I might be acting annoying, bossing you around and doting on you but I just want to make sure everything is as okay as it can be. For you and the babies."

My wife's brown eyes bore into mine and I watch as her frustration and annoyance slip away with ease. She groans, leaning forward and resting her forehead on my chest.

"I hate how damn cute you are. And right." She mumbles and I can't help but chuckle a little, moving to wrap my arms around her.

"I just want what's best for you and our babies." I respond.