Mister Butera

Ariana's POV:

"No, we're gonna be gone this weekend, we talked about this Scoot."

As I talk to Scooter through the phone, I pack my suitcase, eyeing Y/N as she lays on the bed in front of me.

It's been a couple of weeks since her collaborations with Cardi, Megan, and Maroon 5. During that time she'd worked nonstop on her album. Since it's her first she's working like a million times harder to make it perfect.

Like she'd promised me in the past, she still made time for me despite all her work and mine. But I'd grown more worried about her taking care of herself than me. So I suggested we take a break and go on vacation.

She was all on board with it until I told her we're going to Boca Raton, to meet my dad. I'd even tried to make it better by telling her right after we'd had sex and she just mumbled an 'okay' and cuddled with me. But she clearly remembered when we woke up the next morning and was quick to tell me to have fun on my trip as if she wasn't also coming.

It'd taken a few days but she came around. Only after I made it explicitly clear that she is coming and that she'll be fine because my mom, Nonna, and Frankie will be there. Still she hasn't packed yet and was messing with me when I started packing.

Scooter sighs," alright alright. Have fun this weekend and be prepared to go all in when you get back cause you and Y/N have offers for joint appearances."

"I'll be ready. We both will." I say looking pointedly at Y/N.

The girl rolls her eyes and throws yet another pillow at me.

'I'm going to kill you, go pack.' I mouth to her as I listen to Scooter finish talking on the other end.

After throwing a mini tantrum by flopping around on the bed, she gets up.

"Okay Scooter, we'll talk when we get back."

"Bye Ariana."

"Bye!"

Just as I hang up, Y/N comes back in with her black duffle bag. I can't help but laugh as I watch her pack with that sad pout on her face.

But when it doesn't go away, I find a pout of my own appearing.

With a sigh, I sit on the bed beside my suitcase," if you don't want to meet him you don't have to."

Y/N's eyes roam my face and she drops her head," I'm sorry for acting like this I'm just, your mom didn't even like me at first so I know your dad won't and I know how important your family's opinions are to you."

I take in what she's saying and my eyes widen," baby tell me you don't think I would break up with you if my dad doesn't like you."

Her silence is answer enough.

"Awe baby," I reach forward and take her hands in mine," I love you with my entire heart. If, for some bizarre reason, my dad doesn't like you that won't change my feelings. It would suck if he didn't but I will always love you."

Y/n's e/c eyes focus on the floor but she nods anyway.

I can tell she's not fully convinced but before I can say anything my phone buzzes.

"The car is downstairs. Are you ready?" I ask her.

She simply nods, giving me a small smile, and then grabbing our bags and her stuff, and leaving out.

It hurts a little to know that she doesn't think I'd stay with her regardless of my dad's opinions. I know full well that my family's opinions matter to me, a lot, but I know the kind of person she is and I love her for every aspect of her character.