Intimacy & Interviews

Y/n's POV:

A gentle touch runs down my spine, following the path of my ribcage to my side, then back up and under the elastic of my sports bra. The feeling and knowing who it is brings a soft smile to my lips through my sleepy state. I open one eye and look at Ariana. 

She has a far off look in her eyes even though she's staring at my body. Her fingers continue their random path as she thinks. 

I shift, turning on to my side, and slowly bringing a hand up to brush a strand of curly hair from her face." What's on your mind beautiful?" 

Her brown eyes stare into mine as I cup her cheek, she presses closer to my hand," just how much we've been talking about the future lately."

"Does it scare you?" 

Looking off again, she grabs my hand and plays with my fingers. I push myself up and gently squeeze her hand as I wait for her reply." Sort of. I-" she sighs heavily," I guess I'm scared of whatever is about to happen."

I raise an eyebrow," what'd you mean? What's about to happen?" 

"Something bad. Like it always does." Her eyes roll and I notice how glossy they look." Every time I'm happy it doesn't last. Even with you. I was happy, we were happy, and then everything before tour happened and it just- now that we're happy again I feel like something is about to change that."

When a single tear escapes, she wipes it away with her pointer finger, and holds her head up to stop the rest from coming out. 

"Hey, come here," I tug her hand a little and nod for her to come closer. She does and I pull her into my lap. Her body curls up on my lap, arms circling my neck as mine circle her waist. I kiss her cheek and take a deep breath." I can't promise that there won't be problems or obstacles cause that's unrealistic." She sighs again and I tighten my hold on her," I can promise not to give up. I'll always fight for you Ariana. I'll weather any storm to hold on to what we have."

Brown eyes bore into mine and tear up for a completely different reason. I continue to assure her." As long as we remember why we're fighting and what we're fighting for, I think there's a good chance we'll get through whatever comes our way."

Soft fingers brush across my cheek and she uses the hand that's curled in my hair to pull me close. Our lips meet in one of the most passionate kisses that we've ever had. The moment interrupted by her alarm.

Humming, she pulls away, and crawls over to silence it. 

I take a deep breath to prepare myself for the day, before reluctantly getting out of bed." Scoot said these are radio interviews right?" I ask before starting to brush my teeth. 

"Yeah. But we do have that IG live one later tonight." She answers, walking past me to turn on the shower. 

"Eh, I'll chang-" my eyes lock on to her as she removes my shirt she slept in, revealing her naked body. 

When she looks at me to finish, she giggles at my dumfound expression. Deliberately slow steps carry her over to me, her hands running up my shoulders and locking behind my neck," you'll what?" 

My mouth opens and closes as I struggle to find the right words but can't." I don't even know anymore." 

Once again she giggles, this time reaching up to kiss the corner of my lips, and then going back to shower. The urge to join her is strong but we really don't have that kind of time. Knowing that makes me groan, exclaiming a 'fuck' as I leave the bathroom to the sound of her laughter.

I get dressed quickly and do something to my hair, the curls having fallen while I slept. By the time I'm done curling it Ariana is out of the bathroom and heading to the closet to get dressed.