First Album

Y/N's POV:

I can't fall asleep, my eyes trained on the ceiling above me. 

Every time I close my eyes and start to drift off, this beat plays in my head. At first I thought it was some song replaying but I never recognized what song it was. That's when I realized it wasn't a song that existed already.

Not being able to ignore it anymore, I ease from underneath Ari, and head downstairs to the studio. This music won't leave my head until I get it out. As I walk in the room, I notice one of my old journals sittin on the desk. I must've left it out before I went on tour. Out of curiosity, I pick it up and go through it.

Minutes of looking through pages pass before I come across this song I wrote when I first found out about Ariana's and Pete's engagement. I remember thinking that it was too soon, that it was a bad idea. But I was just a fan, it wasn't my place to really have those opinions on her life so I made those thoughts into lyrics and wrote them here.

I'm about to put the book down and just work on the beat, but I stop, actually reading the lyrics. They seem to flow perfectly with the beat in my head and I can't deny that this could be good. It definitely has potential.

As I'm working on it, humming the beat of the song, I get the feeling that I'm being watched. Turning my head, I see my manager and best friend leaning against the doorframe and looking back at me and I jump. My hand clutches my chest," what the fuck Ant you scared the shit out of me. What are you doing up right now?!" I exclaim.

Chuckling at my scared state, he falls down on the couch beside me and says," I heard noise down here and came to check it out. But that's beside the point. Whatever song that's finna be sound dope. When you write that?"

"Oh, um, back when Ari and Pete got engaged. I was messing around with it, thought I'd make it releasable but, I don't know."

"Hell yea you should! Wait, hold up you mean to tell me you had bangers just sittin around for years and you ain't done nothing with them?"

I shrugged," I guess. I never mentioned it because I didn't think they were 'bangers'. These songs from when I was like fifteen. I didn't think anyone would like them."

"Man," he smacks his lips," can I see?"

Feeling slightly hesitant, I think about it. I hadn't shared these songs with anyone, literally no one. But it's Anthony, and I trust him." Yeah sure." I hand him the journal and get up.

As I'm heading towards the door he stops me and asks, "Where you going?"

"Just grabbing my phone from upstairs real quick. Gotta make a couple calls."

He nods," I'll wait for you down here then."

With that, I head upstairs, into my room quietly, not wanting to disturb the sleeping angel in my bed, and quickly grab my phone from the nightstand. I leave back out just as quietly, shutting the door with a soft click and going back downstairs to the studio

I sit down in front of the soundboard. Looking back at Anthony I ask," so what do you think so far should I record them?"

He looks up from reading, his face lights up and he says," Fuck. Yes. I had no idea you were holdin on to such good songs man. If I did, we would've been releasing these a long time ago. I'm about to make some calls. We need to fix this studio up a little bit because we're gonna be in here awhile. Keep us from going to the one at the label all the time." He stands to go get his phone," aye get Scoot on the phone and get him up to speed on all this. Wait what time is it?"

Frowning, I look down at my phone and it says 7 a.m. I turn back towards Ant and say, "7. He should be getting up soon anyway," I shrug," I'll get him on the phone. You start making calls, I'ma make some breakfast cause I'm hungry."