Family First

Y/N's POV:

First thing I register when I wake up: Ariana's naked body pressed against mine.

That alone reminds me of last night.

Honestly I was on a high. I did great on my interviews, I killed my performance, my EP was released. I was literally on cloud 9.

With my success giving me the big head for a moment I felt cocky. And with all the looks Ariana was giving me and the way we danced. I just gave up on waiting.

I mean, we've already said I love you. And even though we're still new I can't help but know that this is so real.

What I'm feeling for her is so amazingly scary. I've never felt this before and she just gives me no reason to doubt what I'm feeling.

Last night was perfect. Our hearts were in the right place and I couldn't think of a single reason not to go ahead with it.

Today however is another story.

Despite my being incredibly busy yesterday I still let my mom know I'd be in town and so she messaged me. She asked if I was going to come by and of course I am.

Working so hard has kept me pretty distracted but since the plane touched down in Cali it's like I started missing her and Samia a billion times more.

Alongside my mom's text, Samia told me to bring Ariana. I know she's dying to meet her and I do want them to meet. But if Ariana isn't ready we'll wait. It's not like this is the only chance for it to happen.

Finally processing everything, I reach for my phone, careful not to wake Ariana who's clinging to my body.

It's almost 10:30 and my mom has texted me asking when I'd be by so I tell her about an hour.

Which means I need to get ready now.

Slipping from under Ari and the covers, I go take a shower.

I'm not expecting a visitor, but the glass door is pulled back and her all too familiar arms slide around my waist.

"Well good morning." I chuckle, glancing over my shoulder to her.

She kisses my shoulder blade and hums.

I turn around, the water hitting my back, and wrap my arms around her waist.

"How are you feeling?"

A lazy smile takes over her face," really good. Last night was incredible."

"I completely agree."

"Though, I could use a reminder." She smirks.

Damn.

"While that is sexily tempting. My mom and Samia are expecting me."

She nods," okay. That's perfectly fine. I know how much you miss them."

Our embrace breaks and she switches our positions so she can get clean.

I have to ask her. I'd be an asshole if I didn't. Even if she says no I have to ask.

"But what you don't know," I start," is how much they want to meet you."

I watch her carefully, gauging her unchanging expression.

"Samia and your mom want to meet me?" Her eyebrows raise.

"Yeah."

"Today?"

I nod," in about 45 minutes."