Chapter 24: Hers To Fulfil

~ I Never Thought I Could But I Hate Him A Little Less Now ~

Chapter Twenty Four: Hers To Fulfil

The ride to the Gustily Wolf pack was longer than excepted. We got there at nightfall. My mind was a clouded mess of thoughts after I took a bath in my new room. Rohan helped me settle in then let me get some rest. It was easier said than done.

I always take time adjusting to new surroundings and my brain working around the second didn’t help my restlessness either. Thinking back to my mate, family, friends and pack. Was I making the right decision leaving everything behind?

I didn’t realise I was awake till the time I felt Rohan pull my hair back as I emptied my guts in the toilet. After a couple minutes of dry heaving I flushed and laid on the cool tiled floor.

“Are you okay”, Rohan asked. “Yah I’m fine must be something I ate”, I said. “Are you sure you’re not…” Rohan started but I cut him off. “I can’t be”, I told him. The only time werewolves get sick is when they’re expecting any other time is a rare coincidence.

“You still should get checked out before we start”, Rohan said and I sighed knowing he’d drag me to the pack doctor if I wanted to or not.

So after a quiet breakfast I took a shower and changed into some comfortable jeans and a hoodie then followed Rohan around like a puppy on a leash. The undeniable truth was that the gustily pack was extremely beautiful. It had an air of calmness and peace around it unlike the tension back at red eclipse. It felt like we were always waiting for the next bad thing to happen.

The pack doctor cleared me as an allergy to whatever wacky fish Rohan had made me eat on the way. I told him I told you so he murmured a yeah yah as we continued walking around the pack as Rohan introduced me to some of the members like the female beta, female gamma, female delta, the head warrior who was also female a few pack elders and a couple wolves our age.

“You can train tomorrow with some of the warriors if you’d like”, Rohan said when he spotted me looking longingly at the training grounds. It was nearly eight years since I last trained and I missed it, being a pack warrior it came like second nature to me.

“You are kind part of gustily now”, he continued. “Yah I’d love that”, I said as we continued to tour the pack grounds.

We came to a secluded spot in the woods where the gustily wolf insignia was curved into tree trunk indicating we were on scared grounds. I looked at Rohan’s expressionless face and I knew exactly why we were here.

Flash back

The rotten stench of death lingered in the air as howls of victory cut through the cold night. We did it, we won the war but my heart was still pounding in my chest as the only person who kept me safe for the past five years was nowhere to be found.

I was a bleeding, exhausted mess. The hair slipping out my braided bun torn in a hideous way during the fights. Ugly bruises all over my body along with a couple fractured ribs and broken toe and finger nails which were facing the wrong way. I held determination as I clutched my broken wrist against my chest and limped through the woods.

He has to be okay, I need him to be okay I thought as I called out his name praying to the goddess that he was alive since we’d gotten separated the last week of the battles. The last time I’d seen him was when we were fighting a rogue royal crimson wolf and he was attacked by a rogue black hurricane wolf and we were pulled separate ways.

I tripped over a dead rogue’s body I’d not been able to see in the dark night and it sent me collapsing to the ground in a pile of my bony withered self. I tried to get up but I’d sprained my already injured ankle in the fight.