Chapter 09: Hers To Live.

~I Have A Need To Protect You~

Chapter Nine: Hers To Live

Becky and Lucreasia left a few minutes ago. I decided on staying in Orso’s room since what I witnessed in my and Becky’s was sure to scar me for life and nobody wants to have a nightmare and wake up in the scene of the crime.

I decided on wearing ugly baggy grey sweatpants and an oversized faded pink hooding once I got out of the bathroom to really get the rejected girlfriend look going.

At first I was having doubts about the water. You caught me but after not having full body contact with water for five years you too would get the shower frights. Don’t even ask how I got through my monthlies. Maybe Lucreasia was right, I’d been living for to long as a rogue.

Before I stepped into the shower, I had to undo the braided burn, Rohan always did for me but when I touched all it brought back were memories.

Flashback

“Lucreasia! Lucreasia!, pissing Lucreasia get up”, he called and I just snuggled further into the warmth. I mumbled something in my sleep that intended to sound like, “Let me sleep a couple minutes longer Mar”, but I don’t even think I actually opened my mouth to let the worlds out.

“Oh Goddess!”, he let out one of his famous sighs before yelling, “Blair Wake The F Up”, Rohan roared and I jolted into a defensive stance. I looked back down to see a chuckling red mop, “Come sit back down”, he said.

I groaned and whined sitting back down, “Why did you wake me up then it’s even raining thank goddess we don’t have a leaky cave”, I said snuggling further into his seated self who was already playing in my hair. I always hated the sound of rain in general.

No, I’m not afraid of thunder or lighting for some reason it just creeps me out and bothers me. Rohan knew this so we’d always cuddle. “I woke you up because that nest you call hair kept crawling onto my face like wicked vines”, he said.

“Wow! Gee thanks that’s what every girl likes to here”, I said. “You’re welcome”, he said. He placed my hair into a high ponytail before braiding it and tucking it into a bun. “There. Now it won’t attack me while we sleep and it we’ll help cover your scent, you still smell like pack”, he said.

“Thanks Roh”, I whispered as I lay back down he pulled me closer into his chest. “I’ll never forget you”, he mumbled already falling back to sleep.

“I’ll never forget you too”, I whispered to myself and took the braided bun apart then stepped into the shower letting the cold water attack me.

It always seems like I’m holding onto someone who’s miles away. For five years I held onto Chrisshiano and now I’m holding onto to Rohan, it makes sense for five years he’s all I’ve known.

The feeling had lingered for some time but the rejection makes it worse, without my wolf whose slowly dying from the pain of being hurt by our mate, I’d be completely alone. I already feel empty.

I got out the shower and looked at myself in the mirror. Bold, brave, beautiful but broken inside.

I touched the spot where my fake mark was all that was life now where faded and disappearing bite marks since I’d found my true mate. The irony.

Flashback

Rohan was just from hunting when he came running in, he grabbed my hand a pinned me to the wall. I’d learnt he does that when he’s anxious to tell me something bad, “What is it?”, I asked he’d not said anything he’d just kept looking around contemplating and worried. “Some of them a starting to figure it out”, he said.

We’d been travelling with a rogue pack further into the rogue lands were uprising was supposedly staged. Rohan and I stayed together most of the time and pretended to be mated to distract the other males.

“I now you’re going to want to scream because this is going to burn hotter than suns of Jupiter but replace every wail of pain with a moan”, he said. “What?” I asked. “I’m going to mark you”, he said, “Do you trust me”.

“Nothing good happens when someone asks that but yah Roh I trust you”, I said. “I hope you have enough trust for the both of us. It’s very intimate mate or not I’ll want to go too far, I can’t do that to you, I can’t”, he said violently shaking his head.

I held onto his check and let his bright amber eyes burn into my soul, “Look at me, Rohan, look at me I trust you okay I trust you mark me”, I said.

He licked his lips before bringing them to mine then trailed down to my neck. His fangs cut like daggers through my neck the pain was sheering but I tried to supress a scream to avoid attracting attention but I couldn’t. “Bloody murder!” I yelled out. “Oh fuck”, I tried to moan emphasis. It helped with the pain though.

I saw a couple male rogue pecking into the cave while Rohan was basically dry humping me and that’s where the stories of the rogue mates Murdrogue and Lucreasia started from, muffled screams disguised as moans of pleasure.

That went on for what felt like forever then my eyes rolled back and my body gave out. I woke up to stinging in my neck and Rohan hovering over me attacking with kisses his eyes flickering from a golden shade of amber till they seized at gold. He’d gone primal.

‘Murdrogue stop’, I said fidgeting with my arms to push him off of me but he grabbed them and continued to pin me down. “Murdrogue that’s enough”, I tried again put his primal self wasn’t having it. This is what he meant by going too far. Shit. “Rohan No!” I said  bringing his lips to mine.

He’s fidgeting stopped and his breaths became shallow, “I’m sorry Beast to control, I’m sorry Blair”, he said sadness written all over his face as he turned to leave. “You’re so cute when you’re agitated now where the hell do you think your going”, I said.

“I don’t and never want hurt you B, and if I can’t control Beast I at least have to get him away from you”, he said. “Don’t be silly if it wasn’t for you I wouldn’t have survived ten weeks let alone ten months fake mate you’re the only reason I’m alive so get your perfect little tushie back in here and cuddle me cause your mark hurts like a bitch”, I said and he came and cuddled me.

“Rohan why do you care so much”, I asked after sometime of peacefully finding comfort in his body heat.

“I guess I have a need to protect you. I know I’m not you’re mate and that’s okay by me but since you’ve got here all I’ve had is this want to care for you and when I do it makes me feel good in side. I’d almost forgotten how to be good before you showed up I was considering turning full rogue. Blair you save me just as much or even more than I save you”, he said.

“I never will forget you Roh you know that right”, I said and he didn’t reply I thought he’d fallen asleep till I had, “I might be your fake make Blair but you're my real love”.

I let myself be pulled out of the memory and styled my hair like always did. I looked in the mirror once more and whispered, “I love you too Rohan”.

Authors Note

What did you think about those lovable flashbacks, more or less?

Extra points for Team Rohan though. I don't think authors are supposed to have favourite's but I'm (this) close to changing the Book to Rohan's Blair so Team Chrissiano vote and comment to save your man, mate, wolf, whatever!!!

Anyways it's time I catch some zzz'z. Stop fronting I know you miss me when I'm gone its okay I love u too.

Mmmkay byeee for now. See yah in the next chapter, Forever your adorable storyteller  ~ Tisha💛