Chapter 29: Hers To Dream

Chapter Twenty Nine: Hers To Dream

I woke up in the dungeons, somewhere back in the rogue lands. It was only me on the stinky floor, silver bars caging me into the tiny cell. I got up to further examine my surroundings but my knees were weak and it felt like I hadn't eaten in days. At that thought my stomach grumbled rather loudly and my knees nearly buckled at holding my weight up with no energy.

The only other thing in here was a plate of untouched seemingly delicious food and silence. I went to move but just ended up falling back onto the floor in a heap of bones and tattered clothe. The last thing I remember was being at the palace so how did I end up back in the rogue lands.

I tried to mind link Fazirya or any Gustily wolf but all I received was silence, even Lycan was quiet and I was getting more and more worried by each second that ticked by.

My thoughts were halted by the sound of keys jingling and doors opening. I felt their eyes on me as they stalked closer to the cage while mine where downcast at the ground, then to his boots, then his arms and then finally his face. My jaw dropped once he held my gaze in those dark devilish eyes.

It can't be.

DeVil Rosario was standing in front of me looking all suave, smug and well not dead. But I killed him. Whether he was dead-dead or just not breathing at the time, Rohan and I dragged his little werewolf ass and buried him in the rogue lands. Maybe I'm dreaming. Maybe the king killed me for spying on him and this is hell.

"You look like you've seen a ghost", he taunted and I shut my mouth before I swallowed a fly. "But..." is all that could come out of my mouth. He looked from me to the food, "Just eat the food Blair", he stated before walking out.

I ran after him shouting, "Come back, how are you alive", I screeched my voice sounding foreign to me. I gripped onto the metal bars and shrieked as the silver burnt the skin on my arms. My stomach roared in hunger once more as the food looked more and more inviting.

I had only two option, to die from starvation or to die from food that was so clearly poisoned.

I stayed there as the hours turned into night, nights turned into days, days turned to weeks and I finally gave up. It didn't matter that all my efforts leading up to this point would all go into vain, all I longed for was a single moment of pleasure and relief.

I ate the food, savoring its delicious taste on my tongue before I started clawing at my throat as the once sweet taste turned darkly bitter as the poison flooded my veins burning like acid, I descended into darkness feeling like my insides where set on fire.

The last thing I saw before I relinquished my life into the flames was DeVil's satisfied smirk as he looked at my still, dead body. He'd won.

I jolted out of bed gasping for air and assessing my surroundings for any possible threat but thankfully I was back in my room at the castle. What shocked me more was that I had actually dozed off on the bed and my dress wasn't tattered in pieces on the floor.

"We didn't wolf out?" I asked Lycan. She didn't reply but went to shift when we finally shifted into my wolf, the dress simply morphed with us. And now there was just a big black wolf in a bright red dress looking back at me from the mirror. I tried to move but ended up getting tangled in the dress and falling.

"That's why", Lycan laughed as we shifted back to human form and laid back to the bed, too lazy to change and too paranoid to fall back to sleep.

So I stayed up going through a series of what if's in my mind knowing I couldn't do much about any of it. I heard shuffling outside my door so I feigned being asleep but still kept an alert ear.