Chapter 34: Hers To Challenge.

Chapter Thirty Four: Hers To Challenge

I must have passed out because the next thing I remember is waking up the next morning when the pain had subsided. I had a car pull up in the drive way and I knew it was Mars and I jumped out of bed.

"Blair", I passed by Rohan who was coming up with breakfast and made head way for the door. I was more than ready to pick a fight. They're where a number of people outside as Mars got out of the car, I rushed down the stairs and shoved his chest, "You idiot"

"I'd never do that to you", I screamed in his face. "I'd never do this to our pack", I yelled shoving him more, trying to control my anger as my fist kept balling up, "You don't deserve to be the alpha", I spat shaking my head at him. He didn't look phased at all.

"Oh and who does you're little boyfriend here", Chrisshiano said throwing a glare at Rohan who slowly made his way behind me. "You", Mars scoffed.

"Maybe, maybe not but I'd be a hell lot better than you", I defend. "I wouldn't let the pack die", I yelled growing more frustrated as the seconds ticked by.

"What do you know about what the pack needs, you haven't been in it for seven years", Mars countered.

"Everything I did I did for red eclipse"

"You did it for you", Mars said.

"I did it for my pack, Mine!" I yelled. "And I want it back"

"Yah how are you going to that Blair you walk around tall but I know you're still just some scared little pup wanting her big brother to scare the storm away news flash Blair his gone", he threw in my face and I was just about fed up with all his bullshit.

"I challenge you for the position of alpha", I said without thinking but without any regret. Gasps echoed around us and I saw that the number of people watching us had grown. They were roughly three hundred people watching us that I hadn't even noticed.

Alpha Ramirez, Lucreasia, my parents even Averi was hear holding baby Night in her arms.

"Step down Blair", Chrisshiano said. Once you challenge an alpha, you can't necessarily just take it back. I didn't want too. "I said open his eyes girl not gauge them out", Alpha Ramirez said. "Are you sure about this love", Rohan whispered beside me.

"It's in the pack's best interest", I stated, my heart pounding against my ribcage. Lycan was eerily quiet and left all the decision making to me which made me even more conscious.

"We didn't raise you a Beta much less an Alpha", my dad said, holding back my mum. In her eyes I was still her sweet little girl but I'm not. I can throw a punch and I sure as hell can take one. I'm strong, a darn good fighter. "I'll learn"

"My own Luna challenging me, how do you think I'd look", Mars cautioned looking around at the tense eyes on us waiting on our every next move. "I'm not your Luna Mars you've made that loud and clear", I told him.

"Fine then I accept your challenge", Mars said, "Just because you're my mate don't expect me to go easy on you", he said as he stalked closer to me. "This is to the death", he whispered in my ear, "Do you really think you can kill me"

Did I? I wasn't completely sure, I locked eyes with him, we were deadlocked brought here by the choices we both made, "Do you really think you can kill me", I asked. He didn't reply, we moved to the battle grounds with the pack following close behind us.

I was still in and oversized from earlier but that didn't matter we'd both have to shred our clothes when we shift anyway. My body was still aching from the pain I endured last night but I had to push through it. 'Don't let him kill us' Lycan finally spoke up once we reached the battle field.