Chapter 30.

I went upstairs and took a shower and changed my clothes. Felix was reading through some business emails, at least it was not his phone and I was very thankful for that.

Since it was almost time for supper and I was super hungry I decided to go take  some munchings from the kitchen. Mom and Mrs Sandler were setting up the table when I entered. The moment their eye set on me, they broke into laughter and looked at me as if I had grown two heads. I thought maybe I had worn my shirt inside out or I had dirt on it so I checked but there was nothing there and my shirt was perfectly fine.

With a dismissal shake of my head, I took some cookies and placed them in my mouth sitting on one of the chairs around the dining table. Not long after, dinner was served and Felix came down to eat with us.

"So what happened yesterday that we don't know" Mrs Sandler began " and today " Mom added.

"Nothing, we just went on date watched some movies and drafted out some business plans" I lied smoothly, I wasn't going to allow my mom to know about my sexual escapades.

"Okay if you say so" my mom said unconvinced.

"Oh Felix, there seem to be something on Joel's neck, the left side to be precise take it off him" Mrs Sandler told  Felix.

I craned my neck towards Felix and just when I turned my left side to him, he visibly stiffened and froze in place. I looked up to him and his face was heated up, his ears already a crimson red and his eyes wide.

"Do I have something really bad on my neck?" I asked.

"Why don't you check it yourself?" Mrs Sandler provided.

I rushed to the nearest bathroom and stood in front of the mirror checking my neck. What I found made me froze, there were large pink bite marks on my neck.

"Felix!" I screamed in anger.

I could hear laughter booming and echoing in the house.

"Yeah, laugh your heads off" I muttered before leaving the bathroom.

I took a seat and pretended that I had seen nothing continuing to eat my food.

"So?" Mom asked.

"So what?" I feigned ignorance.

"Your neck, your flushed face, anything?" Mrs Sandler prodded this time.

"I think I told you what happened and there's nothing more to say" I answered.

"Well if you say so but I think we have a vague idea about what happened" Mom said and giggled with Mrs Sandler.

I hummed and continued with my food just then mom groaned.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"It's time" she groaned again.

"Time for what?" I rushed to her side in confusion.

"For the child to come out, you dummy" Mrs Sandler responded with a scoff.

"Wait-what?" I turned to Mom " I thought you were about to jump into your ninth month!"

"Thats what you thought last month too!" Mom exclaimed " now somebody get me to the hospital"

With rushing bodies and knocking things over, we hauled mom into Mrs Sandler's car zooming off to the hospital. We arrived soon enough and the nurses separated mom from us to her room.

After waiting for long agonising minutes, one of the nurse came out with a smile.

"She gave birth to a healthy girl"