Chapter 3.

Well I know; you can call me a fool or stupid or whatever to describe how I have gotten myself into this none of my business situation. But trust me I've had my fair share of being exposed to things that hurts your dignity and pride, you know that feeling you get when you can't protect yourself or someone you love from a bad situation, and looking at the poor guy over there really took me back.

He must have fought with all his strength, right now, I wouldn't know what he's thinking about but I can bet on my life that he's either thinking about committing suicide after what would happen to him or he would just give up on the world, I've been through that and I just can't sit there or hide for someone to go through this pain especially when it's happening right under my nose.

"I.SAID.STOP" I said through a clenched jaw.

I wasn't really afraid of him though I should really be afraid of that mass of muscles and murderous intent. I know a fair deal of martial arts to protect myself during times like this and Mr holding-knife wasn't so much of a competition, well let's hope so, shrugging off the shiver that went down my spine, I braced myself.

"Well..well..well, and who are you to tell me to stop?" He chuckled evilly and stepped into the less darker parts of the area and I got a good glimpse of him.

I studied his face for a moment and I froze. He also stopped moving when he really saw my face.The guy who was about to have his way with someone was none other than Peter, the guy who I might have rejected one way or the other, the guy who wanted to have his way with me. No it can't be, I shook my head and blinked, my eyes might be playing a trick on me.

Peter and I had been in almost the same classes since sophomore year. I had noticed that he was always staring at me when he thought I wasn't looking. I heard rumors of him just bullying some guys and giving some girls some hateful glares and the reason was that either they were attracted to me or he was envious that they had gotten some help or attention from me one way or the other and he just wanted to bully them, it was silly and childish.

Nobody seemed to know what was going on in his mind and to make it more mysterious,it seemed no one knew of his relatives except an old woman who stays with him. Although he did some other stupid things along with this but raping someone at this time of the night was something I never expected. I guess he's now far from goodness and hope.

I really hated him to the moon and all the way back down to hell. He always had his way with his objects of interest whether they will it or not. But oddly, he still pursued me even after I rejected him when he was bold enough to tell me during the break before the start of junior year. He had told me he always gets what he wants and I was no exception. That's when I had avoided him like a deadly plague and never gave him the slightest chance of being alone with me or even look at me. I would literally die single if he was to be the only person alive and I would rip out my heart before it even thinks of liking him in the slightest.

I had all but forgotten about him and carried on with my life till now.

"Oh, seems I had my lucky star shining very bright tonight" he smirked.

"Peter, let him go!" I roared and stood in a defensive stance. I'm seriously gonna get myself killed, what's up suddenly with this defensive mode.

"And what if I don't?" He said and flipped the knife with his thumb and index finger.

I was silently pleading and praying that the poor guy will use my distraction and escape but he was still sulking on the ground against the tree clutching his pants as if his life depended on it. The suddenly, he stood up and looked at me with an alarmed look, he seemed to have gotten my silent message as he gave me a small smile and scurried off as silent as he could.