Chapter 20.

Mature and triggering scenes ahead.

"The patient would be here for a few days and it would be best to get some clothes for her" the nurse said to us as she checked the machines and scribbled onto her clipboard.

"Okay," I replied. " Hey, can you look after mom while I make a quick trip to my house?" I turned to Felix.

"Sure why not" he answered with a smile " Go on already"

I walked hurriedly and ran to my house once out of the hospital. I cursed under my breath when I got to the porch of the house. This is one of the times where I damn wish that I have a car but you know wishes were not horses. I took my keys out of my pocket to unlock the door and that was when I recalled that I forgot to lock it.

I turned the handle and entered looking for any sign of Tye and his friends but thanks to my luck he wasn't. I went into the kitchen and poured a glass of water for myself.

"Where were you?" A familiar voice asked behind me, frightening me.

I jumped high into the air and dropped the glass of water. The glass shattered and one managed to glaze my right index finger. I hissed in pain and turned with a frown.

"Eugene" I groaned.

"Shit. I'm sorry, thought you heard me as I was very well noisy walking in here." He apologized and pointed to his phone that was giving some soft music.

"It's okay" I dismissed it with a wave of my hand.

I moved past him not bothering to sweep the glass off the floor and went straight to mom's room. I grabbed a few of her clothes and some other things she enjoyed having around her. I came downstairs to go out but stopped to clear the glass off the kitchen floor before those maniacs murdered someone or themselves with it.

I went to the kitchen to find Eugene already on the task.

"You shouldn't have done that, you're a guest here" I spoke out and helped him clean the floor.

He just nodded and we continued in silence.

"You should do something about that finger" he pointed to the glazed finger.

I nodded but just as I was about to turn to the sink he held my hand.

"Are you okay?" he asked with concern.

"Yeah I'm fine" I answered.

"No, you're not"

"Just leave it. I'm in all sense fine" I waved it off.

"Then care to explain the bags and the absent-mindedness?" He prodded and raised an eyebrow.

"Just let it be okay?" I threw my arms around

He narrowed his eyes " What aren't you telling me?"

"Nothing you're supposed to know" I answered harshly (though that wasn't my intention) and grabbed the two bags which contained mom's belongings.

"What does that mean?" He asked a little sternly and held my hand again but this time with more strength and pressure.

I glared at him and tried yanking my hand away only to let him tighten his grip.

"You aren't going anywhere before telling me what is going on" he almost growled in frustration.

I gave him no answer.

"So we are doing this huh?" He snickered.

I was still silent and did not move. I don't think I was even blinking.