Chapter 17.

I entered and closed the door behind me and took in the appearance of the office which as expected of Felix and a typical office was finely tidy with some intricate paintings on the wall.

"How did you know that I was there?" I asked after scanning around.

He shrugged and pointed to his laptop's screen. I moved closer and saw the footage of the security cameras were rolling in from the floors and corners of the restaurant on the screen.

I sighed and moved away to stand in front of the desk and looked at him waiting to hear whatever he had to say.

"Sit down" he commanded sternly with a formal tone gesturing to the chair I was standing beside in front of his desk with such an annoying glare.

I sat down without uttering a word and slumped down in my seat.

Actually, I was so confused as to why he was not being his usual whiny stupid self but suddenly the fierce arrogant rich man I had perceived about him some time ago.

So I just sat there without talking fearing that I might say something that might get on his nerves.

"I get it you're assisting my head chef" he stated still formally.

"Yes sir" I responded with an equal formal tone.

What the fuck was going on here. Why is he suddenly going formal on me? He is so weirding me out. I wanted to ask him but still, I was sure what was going on in his head. Well, it might be that he wants to keep it strictly professional at work anyway.

"Mr. Skimps, your behavior today was very unprofessional and it made me question your professionality," he said and stood up turning his face to me as he walked to the window.

It took me a second to realize that he was talking about my behavior in the morning.

Yep even I was quite surprised about what I did and he had no right to call me out. I was so stupid. Add a mental facepalm to that.

"I apologize for my behavior sir, I accept full responsibility for my actions. I shouldn't have zoned out or talked back or anything at all when I knew it was a very formal meeting with our CEO, I'm sorry once again" I apologized.

He made a 'tch' sound and came back to sit down shaking his head in the process.

"No I'm not talking about this morning" he slightly frowned like I was supposed to understand what he said when I was absolutely clueless.

"Excuse me?"

I wasn't getting what he was trying to say because all I remember doing bad was in the morning so if he wasn't talking about it then what else.

"Yes, it's not about this morning but rather during lunch break," he said dangerously calmly.

"I still don't get you sir" I voiced out.

He gestured to the laptop's screen again, and I moved closer to watch whatever footage I was going to watch. But he suddenly tensed when I craned my neck to look over his shoulder. I looked at him and realized that we were too close and my nose and lips were scratching his neck.

"Sorry" I muttered and moved back a little.

I looked on the screen and found footage of when I was smiling and talking with Eugene.

"Oh, that" I sighed. "But it was my lunch break and Prem and Gideon said it was okay when I asked" I quickly added.

"But I'm not Prem or Gideon and I don't accept this" he hissed.