Chapter 23.

Lost and short of words I nodded and Felix slowly closed the distance between us locking our lips together. We stayed like that, our eyes closed and our lips touching for a moment and then we started moving and kissing with all we had. It was passionate, intense, good, and welcoming. It was an entire spiral of emotions dancing through me as I kissed someone my heart had finally found and beaten for.

With simultaneous gasps, we broke from the kiss but our foreheads were left touching each other and our eyes were still closed.

"I love you" Felix mumbled

" I love you too" I blushed heavily when I realized what I had just blurted out.

"And as romantic and beautiful this is, I'm afraid we have to go to the hospital to check on your mother and have you have your scans"

I groaned "Fine"

And with that, Felix held my hand and we trotted back into the house to prepare for the hospital. A man whom I suppose was the butler Royce, met us in the living room and told Felix that everything was set for breakfast.

The table had already been served when we arrived at the kitchen. The meal was simply some eggs and avocados and so many fruits and cereals and some weird liquids.

Felix must have gotten a clue about what I was thinking about as he spoke out,

"Don't look at the food like that, they were specially prepared for you. Their appearances don't speak much about them"

We both took our seats at the dining table and I realized that it was just the two of us who were meant to have the breakfast.

So I asked," Where are your parents and your siblings?"

"Parents are on a business trip, siblings in their very own businesses I have no intention of finding out"  he explained raising his hand and shaking his head at the end to place more emphasis on the matter.

"Okay" I nodded unconvincingly and dropped the subject.

"Shall we?" he asked.

With a wary nod from me, we dug into the food which was way more delicious than I thought it would be.

After a much-enjoyed breakfast especially from my side, we dropped ourselves into a new gigantic car that I thought was made for aliens. It suddenly urged me to learn more about cars. And that wasn't the only beautiful car around, there were three more with equal sleekness and that rich touch.

The car's engine roared to life as Felix started it and then we were on the road to Mom. Arriving at the hospital was fairly short and full of lively conversations with Felix. He told me some nothings and some things, and it was so ecstatic. I wondered if that was how Mom used to feel about Dad before Dad actually became the Dad he is now.

We pushed the heavy double glass doors of the hospital and went in, briefly exchanging pleasantries with the nurse at the counter and some familiar faces. Mom was being her usual self and sleeping with a peaceful face. She now looked healthier and not so... blue.

I sat on a chair beside her bed and observed her quietly not wanting to wake her up. But since someone was always receiving business calls, Felix's phone rang out loudly echoing through the room and woke my mom up.

I shot him a deathly glare and scoffed diverting my attention back to my mom who was trying to sit up. Going to her aid, I supported her back with her pillow and smiled.

Felix made himself scarce, again,  so he could take whatever call he had gotten.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.