Prologue

I wanted to stop running but I just couldn't because that faceless figure was coming for me. He can't catch up with me or else I might not live to see the dawn of tomorrow. I can't die, really I can't at least not before my graduation which happens to be tomorrow. I am finally graduating from high school to begin a new life in college, a life I'm dreading but a guy can dream right?, besides I have so many dreams that I have to fulfill so death I'd rather not have it as an option.

My lungs are burning and my legs seemed to be torn apart from my body, fatigue was kicking in fast and the faceless figure was catching up. I turned my head to find any hint of a place where I could hide but I only realized I was in a dense forest with tall trees all around. I don't know when I entered this forest and I just can't remember running towards it. As I am running through my train of thoughts, my right foot gets caught up in a stray root of a big tree and I fall face-first onto the forest floor with a loud thud. Why do we always have to fall at critical moments? Is it some kind of curse?

Just then I hear the roar of the faceless man and his footsteps becoming really close. My brain suddenly seems to stop functioning and I start to shake all over with tears flowing down in heavy torrents.

The faceless man now standing beside my shaking body starts to laugh maniacally and he flips me over once he got very close to me. I wanted to plead for my life but my mouth was not opening and my brain couldn't bring up the right words so I gave up and looked up to the sky with the full moon and its terrain of bright stars. Tears glistened my cheeks as they shone upon me in my last moment of life. Funny how this amazing night becomes my last night on earth.

"Counting the stars, eh?" The faceless man says and removes a knife from his pocket. The knife looked dangerously sharp and shiny and I could see my image on the blade. The faceless man gets closer and grips my hair and yanks my head forwards whilst shaking it. I wanted to scream from the excruciating pain I was going through but my mouth was still not opening.

An owl hooted in a nearby tree and the faceless man brings the knife to my neck and pressed on a little bit to break my skin. Blood starts dripping down from my neck from the little cut. I look down at my feet to see them swollen and bleeding.

"Now it's all going to end," I say in a whisper and close my eyes.

The faceless man applies a little more pressure on the knife and he laughs again.

"Open your eyes!" He commands in a deep eerie tone.

I comply and open my eyes just to see his face morph into my face and blood flowing from his mouth like a waterfall onto my legs, my throat seemed to be burning, and finally, I'm able to scream, not just a scream but a shrill ear-piercing one as he raised the knife to stab me.

I shot out of bed with an equal scream just like in my dreams with a sweat-drenched shirt clutching tightly to my body like a second skin and a drenched bed.

I looked at my feet to check if I was dreaming and yes I was. But my shirt and blanket were drenched in sweat as if I just jumped out of a mighty storm. I glanced over to my wall clock and the time was 4 am. I tried getting down from my bed but didn't have the strength so I laid back and drifted into sleep again with a silent prayer to not have a nightmare again.

A/N: Hey guys here it goes, it just began, and pardon me for my mistakes. Vote, comment, and anything at all. Thanks for passing by... And though this story doesn't really belong to the horror genre, I'm willing to begin one for those who loved this, and so I did, its called The Doctor's Casa, hop onto my profile and let's get some horror down.