Chapter 25.

Mom with a disappointed sigh shook her head, passed by Dad who was now on the ground whispering his stupid song and trying to say a slurry goodbye to the few people who were still lingering around.

"I'm so sorry, it had come to this but we'll make it up to you next time" I heard Mom apologizing and probably promising to them.

Tye came to my rescue and helped me up to my feet as we walked to the living room. Dad with his drunken self trailed behind shutting the back door harshly with a loud bang.

"Now you tell me Ryth, what's the meaning of this?" Mom hissed with pure anger flashing in her eyes, her nostrils flaring up to add effect.

"Well, I just found out that my wife had a bastard son and she was holding a birthday party for him" Dad slurred and sat on the couch, shrugging.

"What?"

"Yeah, and also my wife is a whore"

Getting confused I voiced out
"What's going on?"

"Why don't you ask your whore of your mother?" Dad spat at me.

"Mom?" Tye raised an eyebrow.

"Ryth, you're drunk and you are not aware of whatever you're saying" Mom reproached calming down and approaching dad.

"I'm not fucking drunk and I sure know what I'm saying. I know he" Dad pointed to me " is not my son and you are a horrible slut!"

And that gave him a hard slap from Mom.

"You don't get to accuse me wrongly in front of my children and you know that those rumors are not true" Mom almost looked like she was about to murder dad and she was so calm that I gulped.

Dad also had a similar look and what followed was slapping, and cries and beatings and finally a bruised Mom and a somehow bruised dad stood in front of one sobbing kid and his older brother who looked not so surprised.

Dad went straight upstairs, coming back down with two briefcases and some bookcases. He left without a word and slammed the door shut behind him.

Mom just stood there crying and suddenly she stood with wide eyes as her face morphed into a frown then into something else then back to a frown. With the speed of lightning, she dashed upstairs and released a shrieking scream.

"No!" She screamed again.

My little legs run to Mom with Tye behind me and saw her with some scattered papers on the ground sobbing bitterly.

"He took everything, the papers, our work...just everything" she turned to us with a sad face.

Broken down, I hugged mom and consoled her but Tye was being the other Tye again as he stood at the doorpost and looked at us like we were aliens.

Whiles we were still hugging, dad's secretary sauntered into the house and whispered something to Tye who nodded and went out of the room.

"Since Ryth is not here and he supposes that you will not be able to take care of his son, he said I should pick him up and take him to his new school but he will be staying with me for a while as prepares for school" she deadpanned and smirked.

Mom looking mortified shrieked "No, you can't be doing this!" and she stood up from my embrace, rushing to the horrid woman and shaking her shoulders violently.

"Yes and yes I absolutely can" she snarled and yanked her body away from Mom's deadly grip.

"Get out of my way!" mom intentionally bumped into her shoulder and sprinted downstairs.

I followed her to my room and what we found was shocking. Tye had packed up and it seemed that he didn't do it now, but at least a couple of days ago. I wanted to speak but Mom beat me to it