Chapter 6.

We reached my house still basking in the silence that directly followed our conversation. But what was weird was how Felix had this stupid smile on his face which I was quite envious of. Just smiling because you wanted to without caring for the fact that you have to smile because of what must have happened. I snorted and he gave me a weird look but he didn't say anything.

He killed the engine of his car and turned in his seat to face me. I ignored his staring at me and unbuckled my seat belt.

"Thanks for the ride," I said and was about to open the door of the car to step out but a handheld my elbow and stopped me.

"Wait" Felix murmured so softly that it was as if he didn't want me to hear.

I stopped and turned to face him while he still held my elbow. He dropped his hand when I fully faced him. He looked me in the eye and I found out that his soft brown eyes had hints of an emotion I didn't want to even understand but I continued looking into his eyes, I don't even know why but I couldn't stop myself, I was quite mesmerised.

"About your question earlier" he started but paused and looked everywhere but me "I  wouldn't mind if you were faking it" he hesitantly added.

"Care to explain a little?" I cocked an eyebrow.

"People have been doing that to me for quite a while and I'm used to it now. But it's just that you give me these vibes that I can't help but trust you and besides I think I'm supposed not to judge a book by its cover" he chuckled nervously.

Why was he nervous?

"Yeah, seems you got a problem of your own" I  sighed "Now to make things clear I am not one who just you know spooks others for money and benefits, it goes against all my principles. I like working for them"

"Okay, glad to confirm that I'm not in a bad place" he smiled.

"Well yeah. My mom is gonna skin me alive when I even think of doing something like that" I laughed.

"So the friend's offer?" he raised his eyebrows and tilted his head.

I looked at him carefully and contemplated on whether to trust him or not. For all, I know he could be a serial killer desperately searching for prey or some voodoo kind of guy needing someone for one of his rituals. But his demeanor and his eyes spoke clear honesty and kindness so I took the bait, besides he just said he had no true friends and he trusts me so why not give it a try and also he could be the only friend I might get now.

"Of course. I'd be glad to" I smiled and extended my hand for a handshake.

He shook my hand and smiled again.
"Can I get your contact?" he asked fished out his phone ready to punch in my number.

I looked down with a blush and an embarrassed face.

"I don't own a phone" I mumbled.

"O....K, I'm so sorry" he quickly apologized catching on to why I was embarrassed.

"Would you be in trouble if you stayed out longer?" he asked.

"No" an eyebrow rose skeptically.

"What about plans, I mean do you have one for this afternoon?"

"No, why?" I asked more confused.

"Then, mind if we go shopping" he wiggled his eyebrows like they were little worms.

"No" I blurted out a little bit harshly. He cringed a little bit and I realised my mistake.

"I just said I won't be like a parasite to you. Besides, I would be a freeloader and possibly be a burden. Really thanks"