Chapter 22.

We arrived at the hospital too soon and very much to my dismay. After being dramatically and harshly woken up by Felix, I dragged myself behind him with sleepy eyes as we made our way to the maternity ward.

Mom was sitting on her bed and looking at my little sister who was still in her belly by the way. Felix greeted her with an awkward smile which mom took no notice of. Actually, I was glad she wasn't paying much attention because I was really trying to hide something of my own, you know the obvious.

"So mom, I had gotten an emergency call from work so I couldn't bring the clothes and I also have to get back to work ASAP," I said hurriedly and started ushering Felix out of the room without waiting for Mom's reply.

"Felix will be driving me" I turned and added, closing the door behind me.

I released a deep breath and noticed Felix with crossed arms giving me a 'what the fuck happened' look.

"Oh spare me that!" I rolled my eyes and decided to take a step but a sharp pain from my abdomen stopped me and it took all in me to stop a high-pitched scream that was scratching my throat.

Felix hurried to my side and helped me " Are you okay"?

"No, I'm not, and take me away from the hospital to your house before mom gets a whiff of this" I replied with a groan.

"Sure"

Felix helped me out of the hospital to his car and then we were on the road to his house. Then again, Felix took me through a route so different than the ones I know and similar to the one that lead to his treehouse. After a long ride of me moaning out my dismay and he driving like a mad man we got to his house and all of a sudden, everything I was feeling evaporated into thin air.

The house was above gorgeous and surreal. It was so gigantic and perfect that I was afraid I couldn't define it as a mansion or even a palace. It was surrounded by tall trees and it had a wide field filled with flowers in front of it and also behind it. And instead of fountains, there were swimming pools and a stream, Yeah, a stream flowing through the backfield into the surrounding forest of the house.

"Okay, so if you are done can we just go see the doctor? He is already here"

Felix stood a little bored holding the door of the passenger seat open for me to get out.

"Beauty needs to be admired" I scoffed and held out my hands " please help me"

Without a word, Felix scooped me up into his arms which resulted in a rather loud shriek from me.

"I said help me not lift me!" I hissed.

"From what I heard, there was no specification on the kind of help" he retorted.

"I am so not done with you. We'll get this over later" I huffed.

"Whatever you say" he chuckled.

I sighed and allowed him to get cocky admiring once again the view of the mansion. Two great pale grey doors welcomed us as the front doors of the house. With a little buzz, they opened and we entered.

"Does it open automatically?" I asked with curiosity.

"Yes and no" he managed a shrug.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, most of the times Royce opens them, and sometimes when our hands are full and Royce is busy something, it opens up using a button"

"And how come I didn't see that button?" I couldn't help my curiosity

"Because it's hidden and only my family and Royce knows about it" he answered placing me on a bed in a room I didn't realize we had entered with a grunt.