Chapter 8.

I don't know when I slept but I woke up with my head on my mom's lap. She had tilted her head back, placing it on the top edge of the sofa as usual snoring softly without care. I stood and made my way into my room as quietly as I could and jumped into the bathroom for a quick shower and some bathroom businesses.

Soon enough, I came out of my room adorning a simple yellow tee and blue jeans with my favorite socks and scurried into the kitchen to make breakfast. And today I planned to make my favorite morning meal which I make on unusual mornings. It was a simple meal of vegetables in scrambled eggs accompanied by freshly baked bread, some butter, and oats. Simple but nutritious and healthy.

"Ooh, I could always wake up to such an expectant morning like this" Mom moaned startling me when I was setting the table.

"Geez mom, that's very gross and unhealthy for my ears" I faked disgust "and by the way good morning to you too"

I served mom as she sat down, I joined her shortly after and we said a little prayer and ate our breakfast. Mom kept moaning and moaning throughout breakfast that I was very sacred for the little dignity that I had left. Sometimes, I swear she is no less than a five-year-old kid. I don't know if it were her hormones during pregnancy or just her trying to over appreciate me but whatever it is I am not complaining. It just lifts my spirits when she behaves like this, it makes me know that at least there is still hope and I have to keep on fighting.

I was cleaning the dishes after breakfast when my phone buzzed in my pocket. Trust me, it seemed kind of foreign and weird whenever I got a notification or something that makes my phone buzz, I haven't been using a proper phone all my life for crying out loud.

I took it out and a message from Felix was on the screen. He had just texted a simple hi, I unlocked the screen and hesitated and contemplated a bit on replying but decided to reply to him after I was done with what I was doing in the kitchen.

I was done and was about to ask mom if I could go out when the doorbell rang. A triple harsh knock followed and I hurried downstairs with a groan. I opened the floor to come face to face with no other person than Felix.

"Shit" I cursed under my breath. I'm suddenly feeling guilty.

"Um, hi" Felix spoke with slight nervousness.

"Hi" I replied with an awkward wave of my hand and forced smile.

Felix looked at me, scoffed under his breath, and cocked an eyebrow "Aren't you going to invite me in?"

"Oh I'm sorry, come in and make yourself comfortable"

I closed the door after Felix entered and guided him to the living room.

"Make yourself comfortable and please tell me if you want something. I mean water, coffee, or something I don't know" I ranted on.

I don't know why but this guy makes me a little uncomfortable and nervous especially when he was staring at me with that confused look on his face just like how he was staring at me now.

"Uh...do I have something on my face?" I inquired and started touching my face.

"No. You have nothing on your face it's just that you ranting on seems quite out of your league" he said so softly as he gently sat on the only sofa in the living room. It was as if he was afraid that he might break me apart with his words.

And damn was he right? This was the first time in years that I have felt slightly nervous. Not that I was going to let him know and boost up his ego.

"What do you mean?" I feigned ignorance.

"I mean you are always saying things straight on, you just seem to be in hurry always and you being so calm, arranged and nervous at the same time seems almost too much to take in" he explained, cocked his head, and winked.