Chapter 11.

I think the scream managed to wake mom up as her voice rang through the living room with shock and hurt in her squeal.

"Please stop" she sobbed.

Tye froze after hearing that and I don't know but a sudden burst of energy coursed through my body and I kicked Tye off me and run through the bodies out the front door into the wee hours of the morning.

My phone lighted and buzzed in my pocket but I ignored it. Truth is, it had been buzzing since I switched it on but I kept ignoring it and I wasn't in the mood to check it now. I ran in the direction of my ex-high school with no idea of what I was going to do and where I was going in mind. The cool breeze that blew past me occasionally both soothed me and caused me pain.

It soothed me when it blew through my dark locks and into my lungs but caused me pain when it passed over the bruises and wounds I was spotting on my body bold and clear.
Tears started falling heavily down my cheeks soaking the shirt I was wearing. I wanted them to stop but the more I tried the more they fell. So I let them fall.

I continued running and halted suddenly. I had to have a place in mind, somewhere safe because the last time I wandered about aimlessly I almost got into too much trouble. I thought hard but the only place that came to mind was the restaurant or Felix's.

And as if on cue my phone rang. I ignored it, walking slowly and thinking about where I was headed. The phone rang again and then I recalled that the only person who could call me was Felix. I slapped my forehead, took the phone out, and answered.

"Hey, I got your message and your call that you were fine and I was happy that I wanted to call you and verify," he said over the phone, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

I sighed and almost slapped myself. I had promised to call him later earlier but the little drama had made me forget. I opened my mouth to say something but my mouth kept forming an o with no sound and my eyes allowing the tears again.

"Hello, Joel are you still there? don't tell me you just slept on me?" Felix laughed.

But his laughter increased the waterfall that was already coming out from my eyes.

"Felix" I managed to sob out and then I broke down.

"Oh my God, did I say something wrong?, was I too insensitive?, shouldn't I have called? oh my goodness what's wrong-" he kept on ranting but I interrupted.

"No it isn't you" I sniffed among the salt waterfall falling from my eyes.

"OK, so what's wrong?"

"Not now, later okay?" I pleaded. "Can you please come to pick me up?" I bit my bottom lip

"Okay but Joel, take a deep breath and calm down, look around and tell me what you see" he ordered gently.

"I think I'm in front of my old school" I replied and looked around to be sure " yeah I think so" I added.

"I'll be there in a jiffy" he hanged up.

I sat down on the cold hard floor and hugged my knees may be trying to make myself as small as possible. My eyes started watering my already soaked shirt again. I wiped the tears furiously from my cheeks and shouted frustratingly into the air.

"Damn everything, damn life. Why just why, and why does it all come down to me again and again?" I shouted again into the air and broke down after.

I just sat there feeling sorry and angry and just crying my lungs out. A car honked soon after and stopped right in front of me. Two feet clad in heavily polished shiny dress shoes stepped out from the car and stopped in front of me as the person they belonged to bent and placed his index finger under my chin lifting my head to face him.

My glassy eyes and tear-stained cheeks met the saddened face of Felix. We stared into each other's eyes, the world going still for a moment for us. I sniffed the air and inhaled the scent of Felix, funny and silly though but I realized how his scent which oddly was like a mixture of summer and some strong perfume had registered into my mind and effortlessly called me into him and calmed me down.

He nodded at me and gave me a smile. I gave a wobbly sad small smile in return and hugged him breaking down a little. He hugged back, calmed me, and helped me onto my feet. He also helped me into the passenger seat of his car and took the driver's seat.

"I think I might know something that can make you feel better," Felix said and winked at me as he started the engine of the car.

"Buckle up and let's rock the night" he whooped.

I smiled and we started on the 'let's rock the night'. He drove till we got to the outskirts of town and drove into a highway lined with big trees. It looked like we were driving in a forest and I almost started panicking but I turned and saw a smile on Felix's face which calmed me down a bit. A bit.

We arrived at a clearing where a beautiful treehouse was sitting majestically in what could be the biggest two trees I had ever seen in my life. The trees were in all sense gigantic and wide and tall to the extent that they overshadowed the rest of the trees making them little tree dwarfs. We stopped under the trees and got out of the car.

"Wow, it's so beautiful" I exclaimed with my eyes glued to the treehouse.

The treehouse was made of wood and glass with beautiful fairy lights decorating the exterior and giving the atmosphere around it a cool peaceful and serene ambiance.

I could be here forever, I thought and touched the wooden ladder that led up to the treehouse.

"Now if you may sir, could we ascend your abode?" Felix asked with a heavy French accent and bowed.

We both burst into laughter when he straightened.

"Way to go to make me better" I laughed.

"Wait, did I impress you?" He suddenly turned serious.

"Yeah if that makes you feel better. Your accent was quite good and impressing" I replied.

"Hmm," he smirked and nodded his head.

And I think he looked too proud for just speaking in a French accent and it seemed kind of silly to me unless....
He knew that I had a knack for foreign languages especially French and judging from how I kind of interacted with those around me he couldn't have gotten the info from any of them. Wait...mom or I was just being paranoid. I slipped that thought aside and focused on the task at hand.

"Felix, have you by any chance met my mom" I faced him fully and asked casually because my curiosity was clawing my brains out and I needed to ask before I get crazy.

"No I don't think so" he shrugged.
"Why do you ask?"

"Erm, nothing just making a convo" I responded. See I was just being paranoid.

I'll have to make further inquiries later. We entered and my jaws dropped to the floor by the amazing intricate interior designs. I can't get my head around describing things so sorry I can't describe how it was.
But in summary, it was surreal- no scratch that, it surpasses surreal and heavenly. I wondered how they were made as I traced my fingers on the design. It was so much perfect, something that could calm down even the most frustrated and angry man on this Earth. Felix really outdid himself. I turned to the said person and gave him a big smile which he smiled back to.

I'm already liking this man.

A little bit short eh?
***grinning nervously***