Chapter 7.

"It was Tye" she answered " and he is visiting with some friends in two days"

"He left suddenly like a ghost and he wants to just waltz back like a phantom" I scoffed angrily.

Mom stepped closer and placed a hand on my shoulder "I know right?, but I can't prevent him from coming here. He has equal rights on this house just like we do and he is still family even if he is too blinded to notice that"

"Yeah, okay. So what do we do" I asked, suddenly not having enough energy to argue about that asshole of a brother.

"Just prepare his side of the house and do what we always do, pretend he is not there just as he wants us to do" mom replied in such a sad tone that I moved closer and hugged her.

She hugged back and released a deep breath. I can't really comprehend the pain of losing your life partner and your child but at least I know how it is to be separated from the one you love and all I can do for her is to comfort her as much as I can.

I freed myself from the hug and switched the radio which was now playing some blues which did not help in reducing our sudden sullen moods.
"Mom, how about we have some nap time in your room?" I offered

"You know what? That'd be really nice" she smiled and held my hand.

I allowed her as she practically dragged me up the stairs to her room, the one she used to share with the man I call my dad. We went under the blankets as we slept on the bed facing each other. We kept smiling at each other silently assuring and comforting each other through our smiles. I know we both had a ton of fresh memories, old but so fresh and raw that I think if we concentrated on it we could pratically eat it and slice through it with a knife.

The house, the neighborhood, the voice of my brother on the phone earlier, his name that came sadly from the mouth of my mother held raw and sore memories that threatened to put us in a dark endless hole which we might not find the world again should we ever fall into it.

Our house was built quite in such a way that there were four rooms designed to fit into two mini-mansions on each floor. The ground floor held two directly under the staircase and leads to the kitchen and two on the upper floor; the remaining two rooms faced the living room and could just be entered from the living room. A thin wall with what I call a dramatic somehow love-shaped big opening separated the living room and the space of the kitchen and another dramatic sharp curve leading to the upper two rooms facing the living room. I totally understand if you can't make out a word from this description, don't worry it happens all the time when I describe my house to others.

Tye and I used the rooms in the kitchen half whiles mom and dad used the upper rooms facing the living room. The remaining were used as guest rooms. Mom moved to my side when Dad and Tye left.
And now he is coming back.

Unknowingly, tears slipped out of my eyes with great pressure as they poured down onto the bed. Mom wiped them away and pulled me closer to her. I cried and sniffed until the tears were not coming and I couldn't find myself to make a single sound or action. I just laid there silently, weak with overwhelming emotions with closed eyes. Mom's sobs came out and eventually, her breath evened out signaling that she was asleep. I focused on my rythmic heartbeat and allowed nature to take over.

An annoying buzz woke me up to see the room in complete darkness. I searched around frantically for the source of the buzz but couldn't find it. I got up and switched the lights on but still couldn't find the source, that's when I noticed that my thigh had been vibrating all this while- wait..uh yeah I have a phone, and it's probably the source of the buzz.

I took the phone out and saw the sentence' I trust you' on the screen. I scoffed and rolled my eyes before answering the call.
"Hey," Felix said with somehow a deeper voice