Chapter 2.

****Warning: Depictions of an almost rape scene ahead. ***   

I woke up...late again just that this time I wasn't worried about going to school and getting an earful from my teachers but rather waking up into the new world without my comfort zone, which is high school. I gave out a loud deep sigh and closed my eyes again. I must have slept through yesterday, I at least deserved it after not having a good amount of sleep for about a week now.

Surprisingly, the sun's rays calmed me down and warmed me for a bit and it was kind of ecstatic. I didn't want to sleep as you know the obvious, I just wanted to lay there and think about my future plans. Right at that moment, I had no intention of going to college or university, yep I wasn't going.

Maybe I just love my mom too much or I'm just scared of being like my brother, leaving and not finding the courage to come back again. I will just pick up the former, seriously I just love my mom and my little sister in her belly too much to leave them. I  would just drown in guilt if I left them here.

I opened my eyes to a little poke on my nose and  found mom's little finger mid-air obviously about to poke me again.

"Mom" I groaned and turned to my side facing her "I'm not a little kid"

"Oh, really? Blaming a mom for waking her son up?" she gasped dramatically and pouted way more dramatically.

I mumbled 'whatever' and got up from my bed. I moved closer to my windows and sat down on the floor, the room falling into silence.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there at your graduation" mom's sad voice cut through the air

"Don't worry, it's okay" I faced her and smiled "I didn't want my baby sister around those kids at school with no manners" I joked and we burst into laughter.

"Now that was one solid good point" mom laughed again "So since I wasn't there I got some surprise for you" she sing songed and flipped her hair without using her fingers. I gave her a seriously look which she scoffed at.

"Uh-huh I love surprises" I said in a low tone with a  wiggle from my eyebrows and stood up to follow mom as she lead me into the kitchen. I sat on my favorite stool as mom tied a white cloth over my eyes.

I waited for what seemed like forever and then mom removed the cloth and told me to open my eyes.

The beautifully decorated strawberry cake right in front of me made gasp out with excitement and a whole lot of emotions.
"Mom thank you and you shouldn't have" I cried and looked up at her with a sloppy smile.

Yep, I cried and that was only thing that always came genuinely. Sometimes I just had to fake a laugh or a smile or something to make mom stop worrying but tears I could never fake. The tears always came out when mom did something for me even the smallest of them. She had become my everything ever since the rest of the family decided to abandon us. I really had this bond with mom when I was born, I felt connected to her in ways more than you can imagine. So even when dad and Tye were around I used to be with mom more than them and now I just have this feeling to protect her even if it costs the last drop of my blood and her doing this for me is so amazingly perfect.

Mom hugged me and placed a kiss on top of my head.
"Mom,  I mean it, you shouldn't have" I said incoherently into the shirt she was wearing.

"Nonsense, don't ever say that " she smacked my head.

"Ouch, mom"

"I also mean it, don't ever say that. That's the little I can do for you. You have done so much for me and these little things are what I can do to somehow show that I appreciate your efforts" she smiled and hugged me again.